Depending on which source you explore, there can be anywhere from 2 to 9 different breeds of husky, the most common of which is the Siberian Husky. The term ‘husky’ has been historically used to categorize a sled-dog in Northern territories, though the word “husky” may have originated with English sailors referring to the dogs of the Inuit people. For this blog, we will refer to traits and characteristics represented in the Siberian breed of Husky.
Siberian Huskies can grow up to 23.5 inches and weigh as much as 60 pounds. You can expect them to live between 12 and 14 years. Smaller than its cousin, the Alaskan Malamute, the Siberian smaller but just as powerful and is known for its agility. Siberians are typically very friendly and energetic, and they are known to be clean animals lacking a doggy odor. This active, friendly dog needs a great dog bed to get the rest it needs.
Siberian Huskies require a good diet with adequate protein for each season and should not be overfed. While they do tend to be self-cleaning, they will need at least a few baths during the year. Brushing the Siberian weekly is important as they sport a double coat that is shed twice a year. They require a lot of exercise and are happiest when they have a job to do. They were bred to run, so find a way to let them. Unlike many pure-bred dogs, the Siberian Husky demonstrates relatively good health. As any working dog would, the Siberian deserves a comfortable and supportive place to rest its head.
What is the Best Dog Bed for Huskies?
- Best Overall: Puffy Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic: Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Luxury: ELUX Pet Bed
- Best Chew Proof: Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- Best Affordable: Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Elevated: Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Travel: Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Calming: Best Friends by Sheri, The Original Calming Shag Vegan
- FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam Pillow Dog Bed
- Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed
- Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress
- WFH High Memory Fiber Bed
- Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed
- Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Wild One Dog Bed
6 Different Types of Dog Beds
It’s important to find the right dog bed for your hard-working Husky. They play hard, shed a lot, and love to be around family. Those personality traits are important to keep in mind, but there are several types of dog beds to consider, each with their own benefits.
- Orthopedic Bed. Orthopedic beds offer a great support option for your Husky. Often, they are made with memory foam or other dense material to keep your dog’s bones and joints well-supported. As dogs age, it may become crucial to ensure that your dog has the support it needs when resting. An orthopedic bed should hold up under pressure and not flatten completely when pressed down.
- Pillow Bed. A pillow bed is as it sounds in that it is fluffy and often resembles a pillow. Some come with a rim for your dog to lay their head on, and others are rimless, allowing your dog to stretch out and lounge.
- Elevated/Cooling. Depending on where you live, this might be a great option for your Husky. Huskies love to run and work and be useful, but they can risk overheating if not adequately cooled after exercise. An elevated or cooling bed offer either the elevation which keeps air moving on all sides or breathable fabric to keep your Husky comfortably cool.
- Heated Bed. Huskies typically have no problem staying warm with their double coats, but if you live in a climate with bitter winters, they may appreciate a heated bed to keep warm. Heated beds use either electricity or the dog’s heat and heat-reflective material to keep the bed feeling toasty. Additionally, this may be an added perk for an older dog that is experiencing joint or muscle issues.
- Covered Bed. A covered bed features a cave-like design that offers a covering over part or all of the dog bed. If your dog appears to love burrowing, this might be well-suited for your pet.
- Sofa Bed. The sofa dog bed comes with a flat and sometimes long platform base with a rim around approximately half of the bed. It looks like a sofa, and it’s the only sofa you may want your fluffy friend to lay on. Similar to the rimmed pillow bead, the sofa bed may offer your dog the best of both worlds – a soft place to land and a firm place to lay its head.
5 Key Considerations When Looking for a Husky Dog Bed
Finding the right bed for your dog can feel overwhelming. There are several fantastic choices on the market, so to help you narrow it down, we’ve included a list of considerations you might make when looking for a dog bed for your Husky.
- Size. Huskies typically are medium to larger build, so making sure they have adequate room is important. The bed doesn’t need to be the perfect fit, but if any part of your pet is hanging off of the side of the bed, it may not be a good fit for your dog. Make sure they can fit curled up or stretched out on whatever dog bed you choose.
- Age. Huskies work hard and play hard. When they are puppies, they may be more amenable to less support, but as they get older, their joints and muscles may need a bit more pampering. It may be good, considering their energetic characteristics, to ensure that whatever bed you choose provides the right amount of support to induce good rest.
- Shed. Huskies shed their coat twice a year and need a little assistance to get it all combed out. Either way, prepare for a good amount of hair from this dog. Though they do tend to keep themselves rather clean, they cannot control the shed that happens as part of their thick year-round coat.
- Lifestyle. Maybe you don’t intend to work your dog by having it pull sleds, but these dogs do enjoy a purpose. Either way, they need exercise, and they tend to have a good deal of energy. Those are both clues to how you should go about considering what kind of dog bed to get. Additionally, you need this bed to fit your lifestyle. If you travel a lot or spend a good amount of time outdoors, or maybe you need your Husky to come with you to work, then you need to pick a bed that suits that kind of life. The good news is that there are options.
- Durability. Huskies use their paws to dig; it’s in their blood. That’s not to say that they will automatically dig in their bed, but you shouldn’t be surprised if they do. For that reason, you may consider durability to be of utmost importance to you. You want your dog bed to last so that you don’t have to keep replacing it.
The offerings are limitless, and the prices are varied. Whichever type of dog bed you think suits your needs, we have rated the top one in each category for you. Hopefully, this will simplify your search. Below are the best dog beds that we’ve found in seven different categories.
Overall Best Dog Beds for Huskies
|Our 2020 Picks: Overall Best Bed for Huskies|
|Puffy Dog Bed ||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic ||CHECK PRICE|
|ELUX Dog Bed ||CHECK PRICE|
|Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed ||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster ||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed ||CHECK PRICE|
|ChuckIt! Travel Bed ||CHECK PRICE|
|Best Friends By Sheri, The Original Calming Shag ||CHECK PRICE|
|FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam ||CHECK PRICE|
|Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed ||CHECK PRICE|
|Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress ||CHECK PRICE|
|WFH High Memory Fiber Bed ||CHECK PRICE|
|Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed ||CHECK PRICE|
|Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed ||CHECK PRICE|
|Wild One Dog Bed ||CHECK PRICE|
Best Overall Dog Bed For Huskies – Made with high-quality, durable material, the Puffy dog bed is an excellent option for any dog. The high-density memory foam mattress is designed to support and soothe your Husky so that it can get optimal rest. The bed has a rim around three-quarters of the bed, which means your dog can snuggle against the rim or rest his or her head on top. The designers of this bed made it to relieve pressure on the joints and spines of dogs so that they can rest easy.
The Puffy Dog Bed cover comes off making it easy to wash, and the fabric was chosen to sustain multiple washes. Non-slip fabric lines the bottom of the bed so that it stays in one place and does not pose a safety hazard to you or your dog. The Puffy Dog Bed comes in 3 different sizes and utilizes soft, luxurious fabric to keep your dog comfortable. The high-density memory foam is also breathable which means your dog will be able to keep cool in this comfy bed.
The Puffy Dog Bed also comes with a great warranty. You can test the bed out for 101 nights before deciding for sure whether it is the dog bed for you. Also, for as long as your dog is using the bed, the bed will be covered by the warranty. The bed also ships easily and right to your front door. We feel this bed represents the best quality and value on the market right now.
- One option
- Higher price
- Modern design
- Orthopedic support
- Machine washable
Best Orthopedic Dog Bed For Huskies – This two-piece, orthopedic bed provides your dog with excellent support for its joints and bones. The Frisco Orthopedic Bolster Bed is made with luxury in mind as it is lined with chenille and soft could Sherpa. With bolstered edges, your dog has options. He or she can curl into themselves or rest their head on a supportive rim.
This bed is also created with the fashion-minded owner and sports a sleek, modern design. Its convoluted foam base is what gives optimal orthopedic support for your dog. This bed is also machine-washable, an important design feature for any good dog owner.
- Super soft
- Modern design
- One option
- May not be as durable
- Repels moisture
- Resists stains
Best Luxury Dog Bed For Huskies – The Elux Pet Bed brand offers two great options for dog owners. The first, the Extra Plush bed, features a five-inch-thick base which is intended to provide support and help ease arthritic pain when applicable. It’s designed to fit any lifestyle, whether indoor, outdoor, or in a kennel or crate. With fashion and function at the forefront, this is a great pick for a Husky.
The second option, the Memory Foam ped bed, comes with two layers of memory foam. The top layer is gel-supported memory foam, and the bottom layer is designed to firmly support the top layer. Because of its durability and smart design, this bed can be used inside or outside, and the cover is stain resistant. It comes in a variety of neutral colors which is soothing for your home and your pet.
- Repels moisture
- Resists stains
- Luxurious materials
- Pricier than other options
- Unsure of ability to be washed
- Waterproof lining
Best Chew Proof Dog Bed For Huskies – If your Husky chews things to shreds or is generally more destructive with his or her things than other dogs, this bed may be a good option for you. The seams are reinforced with Kevlar, and the cover is water-resistant to keep unwanted moisture from weakening the fabric. The Bully Bed Chew Resistant dog bed also offers orthopedic support to your dog with thick, orthopedic foam as a base.
Free of harmful toxins and flame retardants, the designers of this bed have your dog and your family’s health in mind. It’s also washable, with a removable cover that is made to resist dog hair. If your dog does damage this bed, the Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed comes with a 200-day Chew Warranty. They will replace your purchase if your dog manages to damage before time is up.
- More expensive
Most Affordable Dog Bed For Huskies – If you are looking for something cozy and soft, the Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat and Dog Bed may be a great choice for you. Made with cloud Sherpa lining, your Husky is sure to feel quite pampered. The Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat and Dog Bed is made with a rimmed edge around most of the bed, and the bed is made with style in mind.
Style isn’t all this bed has to offer, though. The cushion inside of the rims is filled with fluffy polyester fiber, giving your Husky a cushy and comfortable place to live. The material is machine-washable making it easy to keep clean for your pup.
- Soft and cozy
- Unknown level of orthopedic support
- May lack durability
- Ease of assembly
Best Elevated Dog Bed For Huskies – For an active, working dog, the Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog bed is a great spot for your Husky to cool off and rest. It features a sturdy, steel frame and durable, breathable fabric. An elevated sleep spot keeps the air moving on all sides, and for a dog with a double coat, it may look like the perfect place to lay.
The bed is made with material that offers support without sagging, and the feet are skid-resistant to keep it safe for your Husky. It comes in parts that are easy to assemble, but if you do have difficulty, they offer video instruction as well. This could be a cool, relaxing spot to rest after playing hard.
- Easy to assemble
- Assembly required
- Compact-able for travel
Best Travel Dog Bed For Huskies – If you are a dog-owning adventurer, the Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed offers an enticing option for your Husky. It is easy to clean and packs into a small stuff sack to make it fit. To keep cool, the material on this bed is breathable.
The Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed is designed to dry quickly to keep it from being ruined by moisture, whether it is in the air or on your dog. It only comes in one size, so check the dimensions and make sure it will fit your dog. This pillow dog bed is a great option for the travel-loving Husky and his family.
- Only one size
Best Calming Dog Bed For Huskies – Faux shag fur lines this cozy, round bed for maximum comfort and excellent rest. The Original Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler has a water-resistant, nylon bottom to keep your floors clean in case of an accident. Additionally, the Donut Cuddler features extra filling and a supportive rim for orthopedic support. Should your dog need the help, the bed comes with an insulated layer that uses your Husky’s body heat to increase warmth.
The Donut Cuddler is washable and safe for the dryer for cleaning ease. The orthopedic support will relieve any muscle aches and pains your dog may be experiencing. This bed comes in two different colors and three different sizes and at a very affordable price.
- Water-resistant lining
- Designed to soothe
- Two color choices
- Unknown durability
7 Other Top-Rated Husky Dog Beds
The NAP Deluxe Memory Foam Pillow Dog Bed comes with a memory foam core that is laminated to a medical-grade polyurethane. It easily accommodates the weight and shape of your dog and gives your dog the sensation of being cradled. The bed is designed to soothe aching joints or muscles.
Your Husky, as active as it is, will enjoy this bed, and you can be sure that it is getting the support it needs. The FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam may be a good choice for your pet.
This bed is made with furniture-grade fabric making it a durable, comfortable pick for your pet. The Brentwood Griffith Pet Bed sports a removable and washable cover, and it comes in a stylish, luxurious design.
Two layers of dense, supportive foam will keep your Husky comfortable, and you can rest easy knowing that this luxury design comes in non-toxic materials. It’s stain-resistant, cozy, and a great option for your Husky.
The SleepEz Latex Dog Bed provides firm, comfortable support to keep your Husky feeling healthy. Made with breathable, hypoallergenic material, it is sure to keep your Husky cool and free of pesky allergens.
This dog bed is made with environmentally-friendly foam that breaks down quickly when it can no longer be used for your dog, which won’t be for a long while considering its durability. The SleepEz Latex Dog Bed ships free from the manufacturer and is made in the USA.
The Work From Home (WFH) High Memory Fiber Bed provides orthopedic support and upholstery-grade fabric for a fantastic sleep spot for your Husky. Made with high-quality microvelvet fabric, it is sure to entice your pet to use its bed rather than your furniture.
The WFH High Memory Fiber Bed is also easy to wash. The fabric was chosen so that it will repel dirt and spills, keeping your dog happy and clean.
This donut-shaped bed offers a sweet, cozy place for your Husky to sleep. It features a reversible exterior, which means you can choose either a cold side or a warm side for your pup depending on its needs.
The Dream Chaser Donut Bed can be easily washed in a washing machine and can be dried in a dyer. It’s made with 100% polyester fill and a cotton and polyester blend cover. This donut bed will keep your Husky sleeping comfortably through the night.
The Layla Pet Bed was designed by a mattress manufacturer, and they had ultimate comfort for your pet in mind. It is firm with copper-infused memory to provide firm support for your pet’s body. Copper-infused memory foam also offers a cooler and more sanitary option for your Husky.
One of the inserts in this bed flips to adjust for firmness, and the material is made to last. It’s also made for easy washing in mind to keep your pet’s bed cozy and clean.
This memory foam bed will have your pet thinking they’re in yours. The Wild One Pet Bed comes in a double-tiered design with human-grade memory foam. It also has a water-resistant liner, so regardless of the mess your pet makes, your floors will be clean.
This bed has a non-slip base to keep it in place, and its layered, poly-weave material means lasting durability for your dog bed. The Wild One Ped Bed will keep your Husky happy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best type of dog bed for a Husky? It depends on where you live and what your lifestyle is like. If you live in a warmer climate, you may want to consider beds designed to keep your pet cool. If your Husky is a working dog, a good, orthopedic option may keep your pup well-supported and comfortable for optimal rest. It’s also important to keep the age of your dog in mind. Young pups may not need the kind of support older dogs need. These considerations as well as lifestyle and personality may be important for you to consider when making this decision.
- Do orthopedic dog beds really help for Huskies? The right orthopedic dog bed can help your Husky. By providing the best support for healthy joints, your dog is more likely to get the kind of rest it needs to stay active.
- Do Huskies need comfy beds? If it isn’t comfortable, they aren’t likely to use it as much as you’d prefer. They also may not get the rest they need. Treat your dog well; buy them a comfy bed.
- Is memory foam toxic to Huskies? This is a debated topic. Some will tell you that memory foam is toxic to pets. Some will disagree. Most will agree that dogs need adequate support for their joints. Talk with your veterinarian if you feel uncomfortable with this option and see what they recommend.