- What Is The Best Dog Bed For Goldendoodles?
- 6 Different Types of Dog Beds for Goldendoodles
- 5 Key Considerations When Looking for a Goldendoodle Dog Bed
- Overall Best Dog Beds For Goldendoodles
- Puffy Dog Bed
- Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- ELUX Pet Bed
- Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
- Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Friends by Sheri, The Original Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler Cat & Dog Bed
- 7 Other Top-Rated Goldendoodle Dog Beds
- Frequently Asked Questions
Goldendoodles are a perfect blend of Golden Retriever and Poodle. These gentle and affectionate pups are easy-going yet very active and loving, and that is why this mixed breed is quickly gaining in popularity.
If you already have one of these intelligent dogs, then you will know how much they love to walk and play, sometimes it can feel like they are always on the go! However, after all that exercise, they will need a great place to take a nap.
Here we will take a look at some of the different kinds of dog beds, address some key questions you may have when selecting one, and provide an overview of some of the very best dog beds for Goldendoodles currently available.
What Is The Best Dog Bed For Goldendoodles?
- Best Overall: Puffy Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic: Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Luxury: ELUX Pet Bed
- Best Chew Proof: Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- Best Affordable: Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Elevated: Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Travel: Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Calming: Best Friends by Sheri, The Original Calming Shag Vegan
- FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam Pillow Dog Bed
- Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed
- Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress
- WFH High Memory Fiber Bed
- Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed
- Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Wild One Dog Bed
6 Different Types of Dog Beds for Goldendoodles
- Orthopedic – Orthopedic beds are specially designed to conform to your pet’s body, evenly redistributing their weight across the surface. The purpose of this is to eliminate painful pressure points on their joints and hips. These beds are usually constructed from high-quality memory foam and are perfect for older dogs.
- Pillow Beds – Pillow beds are essentially oversized cushions that are great for dogs who generally like to sprawl out across the floor. The lack of bolsters gives them plenty of space to stretch out, while the cushion provides softness, comfort, and warmth. These are good for younger adult dogs and are great in hot and cold climates alike.
- Elevated/Cooling – Elevated beds are ones that are raised off the ground, usually on a metal frame for better temperature control. In cooler places, they keep your pal off the cold ground, and in warmer ones, they allow air to circulate and cool. They are also handy for older dogs who may have problems getting in and out of a bed down on the ground.
- Heated – Heated beds are excellent for use in colder climates. There are two different options available: ones where specific insulating layers have been used in the construction of the bed to trap the heat and redirect it back to your dog, or ones that include heated pads – these are also great for soothing aches and pains.
- Covered – Covered beds are useful for younger or more timid dogs. They generally resemble little dog houses or caves, where the dog can get all the way inside and feel safe and secure in their own private space. These types of beds are also good for use in colder places or during the winter as they are often fleecy and retain heat well.
- Sofa – Sofa beds resemble a sofa or couch in that they are surrounded on three or on all sides with bolsters. Your dog can snuggle up against these or rest their head and paws on them while sleeping. They are a good compromise between a pillow bed and a covered one allowing for both snuggling and sprawling.
5 Key Considerations When Looking for a Goldendoodle Dog Bed
- The size of your dog – Dog beds come in a variety of sizes, and you will need to ensure that you get the right one so your pet can be both comfortable and cozy. Don’t just look to small, medium, and large labels, instead it’s better to actually measure your dog from nose tip to tail and shoulder to shoulder at the widest point to gauge the exact size required.
- How your dog likes to sleep – As with humans, dogs differ in their sleeping patterns and positions. This will likely have an impact on the shape and type of bed that you opt for. If your fur baby likes to curl up in a ball, then a covered bed or one with bolsters is better, if they prefer to stretch out, than it would be best to go for a pillow bed.
- The age of your dog – Older and younger pups have entirely different needs in terms of a bed. While a very young dog may feel happiest if they can burrow down into the cushion, and so will benefit from a looser or softer filling, an older dog will likely need a firmer more supportive surface on which to rest.
- The durability of the bed – When looking at different bed materials, you should consider how easily they might rip or tear. Goldendoodles can be quite rambunctious and might chew or dig at their bed. You want to make sure that you select one that is solidly constructed. Take note also of any seams or fastenings as these are generally the weak areas.
- How easy the bed is to maintain – Another important consideration, of course, is keeping the bed clean and smelling fresh. Some all-in-one beds can be difficult to care for, especially if they are made with natural fibers. Look for beds that have removable covers that are suitable for machine washing, or even ones where you can place the entire thing in the wash.
Overall Best Dog Beds For Goldendoodles
|Our 2020 Picks: Overall Best Bed for Goldendoodles|
|Puffy Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic||CHECK PRICE|
|ELUX Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|ChuckIt! Travel Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Best Friends By Sheri, The Original Calming Shag||CHECK PRICE|
|FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam||CHECK PRICE|
|Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress||CHECK PRICE|
|WFH High Memory Fiber Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Wild One Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
- Pressure-relieving rest
- Removable and washable cover
- No slipping and sliding
- Soft and supportive sidewalls
Best Overall Dog Bed For Goldendoodles – The Puffy Dog Bed is a sturdy, durable, yet luxuriously comfortable bed that your Goldendoodle will absolutely love. It has been constructed from the very best materials to make it both anti-tear and scratch resistant. This bed is built to last!
Using high-density memory foam, the orthopedic base is perfectly made for both rest and recovery. It has been explicitly designed to reduce weight pressure on joints and muscles.
In addition, the comfortable sidewalls help your pooch feel safe and secure while sleeping, providing the perfect cushion for them to rest their head on for a calm and restful full night’s sleep.
- Machine washable
- Thick, comfortable cushion
- Easy to get in and out of
- Stylish look
- More expensive than other options
- Light color shows stains
- Two-piece bed for greater versatility
- Orthopedic foam base
- Stylish designs
- Comfy bolsters
Best Orthopedic Dog Bed For Goldendoodles – The Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Bed provides a comfortable and secure sleep environment for younger, nervous and older, stiffer pooches alike. The removable cushion allows for the option of a softer or firmer base as needed.
The bottom base is constructed from specially designed orthopedic foam that cradles your dog and gives extra support to arthritic and otherwise sore joints and muscles. The cushion has polyester fiber filling that is exceptionally soft and comfortable.
Moreover, the cushion itself is reversible. One side is lined with Sherpa for added warmth and softness, and the other side is a soft twill fabric with a geometric print. This is an incredibly versatile bed!
- Bolsters for added comfort
- Suitable for older and younger dogs
- Easy to wash
- Not quite as durable as other options
- Orthopedic Gel Enhanced Memory Foam
- Designed for heavy-duty wear
- Barrier protection to keep fabric clean
- 100% Waterproof Encasement
Best Luxury Dog Bed For Goldendoodles – The Elux Pet Bed by mattress and bedding experts eLuxury is a beautifully designed pillow bed that will provide your pal with ultimate comfort for sleeping. It is also straightforward for you to clean and maintain.
The orthopedic memory foam cushion is around five inches thick, with reversible soft and sturdy comfort to specifically suit your pup’s needs. The outer layer is constructed from special LiveSmart technology fabric that is both waterproof and stain resistant.
The design of the bed allows your dog plenty of room to stretch out as needed, and the breathable material means that they won’t overheat when napping in warmer environments. This is a truly luxurious sleeping experience!
- Thick and supportive
- Great for older dogs
- Room for your dog to spread out
- No non-slip side
- More expensive than other options
- Removable, washable microfiber cover
- Waterproof liner
- Non-toxic, hypoallergenic materials
- Kevlar reinforced seams
Best Chew Proof Dog Bed For Goldendoodles – The Chew Resistant Dog Bed has been specially created, using extremely high-quality materials, to withstand even the sharpest of canine teeth and claws. It is particularly suitable for young, high-energy pups who love to play.
This pillow-style bed is constructed from BullyTuf cover material, which as well as being incredibly durable, is also both water and hair resistant, and machine washable. The Certipur-US certified-safe memory foam filling provides orthopedic support.
Furthermore, the fastenings of this excellent bed are heavy-duty Velcro, and the seams are all Kevlar reinforced. All in all, this is undoubtedly one of the most robust dog beds around!
- Hypoallergenic, non-toxic materials
- Extremely hard-wearing
- Easy to keep clean and fresh
- Noisy material
- Edge piping tempting to chew
- Extremely cozy and soft
- Stylish design
- Soft cloud Sherpa
- Ultra-soft polyester fiber filling
Most Affordable Dog Bed For Goldendoodles – The Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Bed is a great basic sofa-style bed with good-sized bolsters on three sides and an easy-access entryway making it good for older dogs. The shape and design offer your pooch comfort, security, and full-body support.
The single-piece bed is super smooth to the touch, with a thick base and a soft cloud Sherpa sleeping area for added cuddliness. The bolsters are densely padded and have a chenille jacquard cover making them an excellent place for your pup to rest their head.
As well as this, the outside of the bed features a chic geometric twill print in soothing sky tones, like blue and yellow, meaning that this bed is sure to look good in any kind of room. This bed certainly gives you more bang for your buck!
- Great price for what you get
- Lowered front for easy entry
- Lightweight and machine washable
- Minimal orthopedic support
- Not chew proof
- Sturdy, powder-coated steel frame
- Durable, PVC-coated fabric sleeping surface
- Skid-resistant feet
- Quick and easy assembly
Best Elevated Dog Bed For Goldendoodles – The Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed is a nicely versatile bed that is great for use on various surfaces both indoors and out. It’s perfect for helping to keep your fur baby pleasantly cool and well-rested.
The tight, breathable hammock-style fabric is comfortable, durable and won’t sag even after extended use. The steel-frame is solidly built to support your pooch’s weight, and the non-slip feet mean that the bed won’t move or tilt as your pup is getting in and out.
The bed is super simple to assemble and just as easy to clean – you only need to wipe down the stain-resistant surfaces with a damp cloth after use. It’s an excellent choice for active, outdoor-loving dogs!
- Very budget friendly
- Keeps dogs cool in hot weather
- Takes pressure off joints
- Easy to get in and out of – even for older dogs
- Not chew proof
- Can get hot if left in the sun
- Comfortable and durable
- Soft materials, quality construction.
- Includes convenient carry case
- Easy to clean
Best Travel Dog Bed For Goldendoodles – The Travel Pillow Dog Bed is a single-sized pet pillow that can be rolled up, placed in a bag, and taken with you wherever you go. This bed is ideal for people who are always on the go, hiking, camping, road-tripping and like to take their pets with them too.
The machine-washable bed is handy for use on the road as it is lightweight and quick drying. The soft, water-resistant poly-suede material provides both cushion and comfort. At the same time, the nylon rip-stop bottom ensures durability for outdoor use.
With this bed, even the most anxious of dogs will feel calm as they have something familiar with them. It’s also great at helping to keep your car seats and other indoor areas clean and dander free.
- Calming for dogs away from home
- Durable and well made
- Keeps its shape after washing
- Easy to wipe down
- Not suitable for chewers
- Quite thinly padded
- Supports better sleep
- Superior comfort
- Versatile design
- Pet safe materials
Best Calming Dog Bed For Goldendoodles – Best Friends by Sheri’s Original Calming Donut Bed is a cozy, flexible, and luxurious place for your pet to curl up for a relaxing nap. The faux shag fur outer layer is reminiscent of a mother dog’s coat, which makes it perfect for young dogs, and the design allows your pup to burrow down and stay snug all night long.
The bed also features unique insulation layers that make it excellently suited to colder environments. The raised edges provide your pooch with a sense of security while they are happily snoozing away.
Additionally, the bed is extremely easy to wash with a removable zippered shell that is both washer and dryer safe so that it can be kept clean, hair-free, and smelling fresh at all times.
- Provides comfort and security
- Great for nesters
- Holds in warmth well
- Not suitable for dogs that chew
- Cannot be air-dried
7 Other Top-Rated Goldendoodle Dog Beds
Great for dogs who like to stretch out when sleeping, the open mattress design of this bed provides a great deal of space. The plush sleep surface and medical-grade foam filler offer a supportive and comfortable sleeping experience for your pal. This bed is also suitable for older canines who require orthopedic support.
Featuring a quality build using non-toxic materials, the Griffith Pet Bed is comfortable, stylish, and easy to maintain. The durable, furniture-grade fabric holds up to heavy play and can be removed for washing. The waterproof inner layer protects the high-density memory foam against any spills or accidents.
Constructed from 100% natural latex interior and with an organic cotton cover, this environmentally friendly bed is surprisingly effective for practicality and comfort. Latex is soft, breathable, hypoallergenic, and long-lasting, making it an excellent material for a dog bed, and the outer layer can be removed for machine washing.
For the optimum sleep experience for your pooch, Max Bone’s Memory Fiber Bed is the height of luxury. Made from superior quality microvelvet fabric and with a dual-layer, fiber topped inner cushion, this bed is both super comfortable and super stylish. Moreover, the inner cushion can be zippered in to keep it securely in place.
Perfect for pups who just love to snuggle up, this circular, fur-lined bed is great for burrowing and nesting so that your pal can feel safe and secure while happily snoozing away in dreamland. What’s more, the reversible design means that a single bed can be used to keep your pet cool in the summer and cozy in the winter.
This versatile, double-sided pet bed is an excellent option for dogs who sometimes prefer a softer surface to sleep on and sometimes need a firmer, more supportive one. The durable, washable fabric means that it is long-lasting and easy to take care of, and the memory foam is copper infused, making it is cooler and more sanitary.
Functional and comfortable, this handy bed features double-tiered, human-grade memory foam for excellent support and a water-resistant interior liner with nested zippers and a non-slip base. The layered poly-weave cover is both soft and durable for a great napping experience for your canine friend.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best type of dog bed for a Goldendoodle? Goldendoodles are incredibly sociable dogs, which means that when they are away from their family, they may suffer from separation anxiety. Beds that provide them with a sense of safety and security, such as sofa and covered ones, are great for helping them to relax. On the other hand, Goldendoodles are a highly active breed, and more confident dogs will probably do better with something open and breathable that can keep them cool in the summer. Elevated and pillow beds can be great for this. Essentially, the right type of bed for your Goldendoodle will be one that best matches their personality. So before you buy, keep an eye out for what kind of behaviors they exhibit before, during, and after sleep so you can select the perfect bed for them.
- Do orthopedic dog beds really help Goldendoodles? Orthopedic beds may not be essential for younger dogs, but as they get older and their joints and muscles start to stiffen, a supportive mattress can make all the difference to how well they rest and how happy they feel. Keep in mind also, when buying a bed for this reason that your dog may have difficulty getting in and out of a very low bed or one that has a high bolster. Aim for something a little raised but not too much.
- Do Goldendoodles need comfy beds? While some people may feel that dogs don’t actually need a bed as they seem to enjoy lying on the floor, a cushioned surface on which to sleep through the night is essential for the continued health of your canine. This is particularly important in colder climates where spending long hours on a cold, hard floor may have an impact on their bones, joints, and muscles and may also prevent them from being able to sleep well.
- Is memory foam toxic to Goldendoodles? There is a wide variety of types of foam available for dog beds – some of it higher quality than others. While the foam itself may not be toxic to your pup, certain substances it might get exposed to when being manufactured are. To ensure that you end up with the right kind of foam, keep an eye out for CertiPUR-US certification. This tells you that the foam has been quality checked and is safe for your pooch. Goldendoodles make loyal and loving pets and deserve the very best care and attention you can give. Providing them with a comfy bed can help to keep them healthy and happy in your home.
There are so many different options out there, which can make selecting your pet’s bed a little tricky. It also means that with just a bit of research, you will be able to find the very best dog bed for your Goldendoodle friend.