- What Is The Best Dog Bed For Labradoodles?
- 6 Different Types of Dog Beds for Labradoodles
- 5 Key Considerations When Looking for a Labradoodle
- Overall Best Dog Bed For Labradoodles
- Puffy Dog Bed
- Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- ELUX Pet Bed
- Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
- Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Friends by Sheri, The Original Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler Cat & Dog Bed
- 7 Other Top Rated Labradoodle Dog Beds
- Frequently Asked Questions:
We’ve all been there when it comes to shopping for dog beds: we’re at our favorite massive big box store, perusing for bargains in the various departments, when the pet aisle pops up in our peripheral. We can’t leave Fido out of our shopping trip! We scan the shelves, finding a bed that best matches our decor for the lowest price, and proudly toss it into our cart. It makes its way home with us until we toss it onto our bedroom floors for our pup, who is usually just excited enough to make us feel like we have done a terrific job of providing for her. “Well done, dog parent,” we say to ourselves.
What Is The Best Dog Bed For Labradoodles?
- Best Overall: Puffy Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic: Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Luxury: ELUX Pet Bed
- Best Chew Proof: Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- Best Affordable: Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Elevated: Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Travel: Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Calming: Best Friends by Sheri, The Original Calming Shag Vegan
- FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam Pillow Dog Bed
- Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed
- Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress
- WFH High Memory Fiber Bed
- Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed
- Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Wild One Dog Bed
Little do we know that this method of dog bed shopping may not be providing the best quality of life for our beloved furry family members. In reality, there are very important reasons to carefully select a bed that will best accommodate each individual dog. Shopping for a labradoodle is no different; from health to durability, there are specific criteria to keep in mind when selecting the best labradoodle dog bed.
6 Different Types of Dog Beds for Labradoodles
“Gee,” you might be telling yourself. “Poor Fido! I’ve been doing him a disservice all these years, but I don’t know where to start!” Not a problem! How about the basics? There are six general types of dog beds that you will encounter on your bed selection:
- Orthopedic: This is a dog bed that gives a little extra something for a dog’s bones and joints, keeping in mind the hips and elbows. Often what basic bargain beds consist of uncomfortably lets a dog feel the floor through his bed because it is made of cheap fillers such as cedar chips or polyester. An orthopedic dog bed is a solution to this, as it is made of a material such as memory foam that keeps a full, cushiony filling that is generous in support.
- Pillow: The pillow shape of dog beds is one that is the most commonly found, and also a very broad spectrum of quality. It is what it sounds like: a dog bed shaped like a pillow! It is also much beloved because of its versatility. You may find them in all shapes and sizes, as well as colors and materials, and gives Fido the option of sleeping curled up in a ball, spread out, on his back, whatever he feels like!
- Elevated/cooling: The feeling of living in a hot climate and tossing and turning restlessly in a bed while trying to fall asleep is not limited to just humans. This can be a real issue for your dog, especially if he is of the thicker-coated (or thick!) variety. A dog becoming too hot can even become serious depending on the temperature, and could lead to heatstroke. Unlike regular dog beds that just keep the heat pocketed under your dog’s body, a cooling dog bed is designed to release the heat and keep your pup comfortable.
- Heated: Conversely, some dogs need a little extra help staying warm in cold climates. In brutal winter months, a heated dog bed could be key to keeping your dog healthy and happy, warding away sickness. A heated dog bed is one that either helps keep your pet’s body heat from escaping, either through a power self or simply in the design of the bed and its materials.
- Covered: Do you have a Nervous Nelly on your hands? A covered dog bed is there to make your dog feel snug and sheltered, a veritable nest of security. This design is mostly used for small dogs, and are shaped like cute little igloos, teepees or canopies that they will be excited to make their designated safe space.
- Sofa: This is a bed for a dog that loves to be a little extra…or maybe it’s the owner. Whatever the reason, few things look as adorable or stylish as a sofa dog bed shaped like a luxe little couch in the living room. It was designed to make your dog feel like he’s living in the lap of luxury.
5 Key Considerations When Looking for a Labradoodle
Now that you’re a dog bed professional, it’s time to think about your labradoodle in particular. Take a good look at him; what works for a mild-mannered Great Dane may not be the best for your fun-loving doodle. What are the five things you need to know about his breed when it comes to picking out his bed?
- Dimensions: Labradoodles vary a lot in size once fully grown, so take out your ruler and make sure the bed you buy is big enough that he can stretch out, but not so big that he gets swallowed up by his bed. If your doodle is smaller, 36 inches could work great, while larger doodles need a 42-inch bed or bigger. Eyeball to make sure that everything from nose to paws stays on the bed without dangling off. Most manufacturers and retailers provide guidelines on sizing, so pay attention to their suggestions.
- Durability: Everyone knows that labradors love to chew, and oftentimes this trait translates to their labradoodle descendants. Picking a bed that is more durable and chew-resistant will save you the trouble of buying bed after bed post-pup-nibble. When it comes to dogs and their relentless nibbling, there’s no such thing as a completely chew-proof bed, but beds labeled “chew-resistant” will come in handy.
- Washability: Labradoodles are called “great adventure buddies,” which is often a polite way to say “covered with dirt a lot of the time.” Since you probably won’t be washing your doodle daily, this means that you want to pick a bed that will be easy to wash. A bed with intricate curlicue felt designs may not be so fun to scrub grime out of later.
- Support: Sadly, Labradors are one of the unfortunate breeds of dogs that are susceptible to hip dysplasia. This means that Labradoodles can be at risk for the same condition. Therefore, for older doodles, it can be very important to select a dog bed with orthopedic support or even to ward off future risk.
- That something extra: As you well know, Labradoodles each have their own loveable personalities. As a result, you will need to know your dog’s preferences as you shop. Watch his behavior as he rests. He may be partial to snuggling against soft surfaces, picking the carpet, or even the hardwood floor. These are all telltale signs of the kinds of textures and conditions that make him the most comfortable.
Having taken the time to carefully understand your pup’s preferences and being equipped with all this handy dandy understanding, you’re ready to peruse! Luckily, you don’t need to just punch “labradoodle dog bed” into Google; we’ve made it even easier for you! We have carefully researched some of the best beds in their categories so you can get Fido his customized bed even quicker.
Overall Best Dog Bed For Labradoodles
|Our 2020 Picks: Overall Best Bed for Labradoodles|
|Puffy Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic||CHECK PRICE|
|ELUX Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|ChuckIt! Travel Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Best Friends By Sheri, The Original Calming Shag||CHECK PRICE|
|FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam||CHECK PRICE|
|Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress||CHECK PRICE|
|WFH High Memory Fiber Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Wild One Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
- Orthopedic memory foam
- Easy wash and care
- Comes in all sizes
- Non-slip bottom
Best Overall: The Puffy dog bed isn’t just a place for your labradoodle to rest his head at night (though with the supportive sidewalls and cooling, weight-distributing memory foam, it sure does a great job of just that!). If your dog is a sleep-runner, any sudden claw movements will be countered by the easy-care cover that’s not only scratch-resistant but also removable and machine-washable.
It’s also an extremely owner-friendly bed, as it’s not just easy on the eyes in style, but also easy on the mind with a few key peace-of-mind provisions. These include a lifetime warranty, free shipping, and even 101 days that you can let your labradoodle test the bed out himself. The Puffy dog bed is a pricier investment than some, but the good news is, if it doesn’t make his tail wag, you can send it back for a refund, making decision time a breeze.
- Lifetime warranty
- Free shipping
- 101-night trial
- Multifunctional memory foam
- Easy cleaning
- On the pricier side ($125-195)
Best Orthopedic: The first thing you may notice about the Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Bed is how adorable the print is. It comes in three very aesthetically-pleasing designs that will please most any taste out there. While you enjoy its decor-boosting properties, your pup can enjoy its dual level of comfort in the two-piece rectangle bed, cozying up on the Sherpa-filled cushion.
This is a nice option for any older Labradoodles out there in search of the optimal level of support. With plenty of bolstering side walls, an older doodle has his pick of where to rest his head and plenty of orthopedic Sherpa upon which to lounge. Any more anxious pups of all ages can also feel more comforted with the walls to shelter them.
- Great price
- Three stylish designs
- Machine washable
- Plenty of headrests
- Enclosed sleeping space, possibly limiting sleeping comfortable positions
- Stain and moisture-resistant
- Quality materials
Best Luxury: If you have ever had the immense pleasure of switching to a memory foam mattress yourself and wanted the same pleasure for your bundle of furry joy, look no further. The eLux pet bed is made from the same luxurious materials as their line of mattresses for comfort-seeking humans. This is all the better for your labradoodle to enjoy that envy-worthy gel memory foam and bottom layer of supportive base foam.
It should be noted that you will be paying for these higher quality materials in the price tag, but this hasn’t stopped many. These babies are in high demand, meaning that other discerning pet parents have also deemed it a worthy investment. This may relegate you to a waitlist, but worry not, you can always elect to be notified ASAP when it comes back in stock.
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Durable materials
- Lasting performance
- LiveSmart barrier protection
- Less modern color selection
- Extremely durable
- Easily washable cover
Best Chew Proof Dog Bed For Labradoodles: Remember how we said no bed is dog chew-proof? Bully Beds has set out to put this to the test. Boasting of materials like Kevlar (yes, the stuff bullet-proof vests are made of!) and a zipperless design the Chew-Proof dog bed gives determined chewers and diggers a real challenge while still sleeping in comfort on Certipur-US certified-safe memory foam.
Now, let’s say your labradoodle is a cut above the rest and manages to succeed. Great news! Bully Beds will provide a replacement within 200 days. You can also have peace of mind knowing that if your doodle digs his teeth into the bed, Bully Bed materials have no PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates, and CFCs, and are thereby non-toxic and hypoallergenic. While the colors and design are a little less modern and fun than other beds, you can at least be resigned to knowing that if Fido wins against the Chew-Proof bed, at least he didn’t destroy something beautiful.
- 200-day guarantee
- Water-proof liner
- Less aesthetically-pleasing design and color options
- Soft interior
Most Affordable Dog Bed For Labradoodles: For the owner who has cried, “I love my dog, but I’m not ready to drop a Benjamin on his bed yet!”, we haven’t ignored you! Frisco has your back with its cute and cost-friendly Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed. Its one lower side also makes it elder labradoodle-friendly, still allowing for plenty of headrest on the other three sides, and all of the interior sides are covered with stuffed animal-worthy Sherpa.
The price is right, but this may be the best for Labradoodles who don’t mind more of that hard floor feeling. The Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed has no orthopedic support to offer, just simple polyester fiber filling that may give out under pressure over time, leaving a flatter bed surface. This soft polyester may also not stand up to even the most gently playful of bites or claws. Additionally, although Frisco says on its site that this bed is machine washable, it has no exterior cover to take off, which means to clean it, you have to put the entire bed in the washing machine; you may lose more of its shape that way. But at this price point, it may be a moot point, as your pup will likely love cuddling up to that Sherpa either way.
- Modern designs
- Snug and cozy
- Machine washable
- Easy assembly
Best Elevated Dog Bed For Labradoodles: If you have a more rugged labradoodle who is looking to stay cool, Frisco’s elevated dog bed is an option worth considering. Talk about tough and durable beds! With a powder-coated steel frame and PVC sleeping surface, there’s none of that pesky fluff to make a mess if your doodle is a big chewer or a particular dirt magnet, making for an easy clean.
On the downside, there’s none of that pesky fluff to keep your doodle warm, but if he’s hardy and fluffy enough himself, it shouldn’t be a problem. It also isn’t going to spruce up your living room like some other beds, but it’s still quite functional. This elevated bed will keep him off the hard surface of the floor and makes for a great outdoor option for patio rest or a camping trip.
- Extremely easy cleaning
- Raised surface
- Cooler sleeping
- Breathable fabric
- Harder surface
- One size
Best Travel Dog Bed For Labradoodles: If your labradoodle is lucky enough to be traveling with you, you may have had all kinds of opportunities for new experiences with your favorite adventure buddy. Traveling with a dog can present its own challenges, but Chuckit! has made the sleeping aspect easier. Complete with a stuff sack, this is the doggy equivalent of a travel sleeping bag and can be placed on a variety of surfaces and spaces. After you return from your adventures, you’ll be happy to know that its breathable material is also machine washable and quick drying.
Of course, sleeping bag rest isn’t for every doodle, and likely won’t be great for every night use. Measuring 30×39, this bed is for small-to-medium or younger Labradoodles only. Since it is an on-the-go design, it is also a double-edged sword when it comes to supporting, as it is a light and thin bed and may not present the most support for doodles who need it.
- Smaller Labradoodles only
- Thinner bed
- Round Cuddler Shape
Best Calming Dog Bed For Labradoodles: Snuggler Labradoodles, your bed has arrived! This is the ultimate in cuddle beds, with plush shag to sink into and a cozy nest shape for burrowing. The roundness also helps keep your doodle’s body heat in, making it perfect for chilly winter nights or cold climates. If you’re worried that this is a bed for small pups only, the sizing even goes all the way up to XXL for your XXL doodles.
This isn’t the easiest bed to clean; while the instructions say machine-washable, the donut must go into the machine in its entirety, which may compromise shape and durability in the long run. Additionally, it contains no memory foam, so while it is orthopedic in theory, it may not be as supportive as other options.
- Orthopedic Support
- Limited Styles
7 Other Top Rated Labradoodle Dog Beds
Still haven’t found the perfect match for your doodle? Here are seven more picks that might do the trick:
An orthopedic treat with a memory foam core, this simple square design will be the bed to soothe your labradoodle’s stressed joints and bones. If your older doodle has trouble clambering up, its flat and borderless surface makes it an easy climb into bed. A major perk is a removable cover for easy cleaning, and it’s durable enough for frequent post-park cleanups. This FurHaven comes in a whopping five sizes up to Jumbo Plus, ensuring that even your biggest-boned doodle will have a place to sleep.
This sleek orthopedic number has the look of a stylish piece of furniture but has a lot more to offer than just aesthetics. Its durable and non-toxic materials are woven together in handcrafted detail to offer much in the way of dense, dual-layer support while offering enough space for your labradoodle to sprawl out if he is so inclined. The Griffith also has a handy stain-resistant and washable cover, as well as a waterproof liner. If the price tag is a bit sizeable for thrifty shoppers, its three-year warranty should help assuage concerns.
It’s not every day that you find an all-natural dog bed, especially one with an organic cotton cover and cooling, breathable inner materials. The secret here is the latex interior; according to SleepEZ, it’s the perfect springy surface that won’t leave your pet panting in the middle of their sleep for a whopping five to seven years to come, thanks to its high durability. For the environmentally-minded, your conscience can be at ease knowing that once your labradoodle is done with his bed, it will break much down faster in landfills than conventional beds, thanks to the natural latex.
Your labradoodle might be sleeping better than you in this plush microvelvet-covered bed. One thing’s for sure, you’ll be proud to display this beauty in any room in the house; guests will think it’s new human upholstery! With tons of support in the high-quality memory foam center, it’s a little more rambunctious doodle-proof in the sewn-down top cushion design. Surprisingly, its cover is also (gently) machine-washable, so while it looks like a prim and proper bed, your doodle will still be able to be his free-spirited self.
For your petite or young labradoodle up to 25 pounds, this is a great bed to lull your pup to sweet dreams. It’s perfect for burrowers, snugglers, and nesters, and its round shape will help nervous doodles self-soothe their way out of anxiety. As a hidden bonus, its machine-washable exterior is reversible and temperature-changing, meaning not you can change up your style as the mood strikes you, you can also keep your doodle warmer or cooler as the seasons change.
Two beds in one? Yes, please! The Layla has the useful feature of “flippable firmness,” so your labradoodle can cozy up on a softer or firmer mattress before deciding which he likes the most. One side is flatter and firmer, and the other is more textured and breathable. The Layla pet bed also uniquely uses copper-infused foam for a cooler, more sanitary experience, and the exterior cushion cover is nicely removable and washable. Plus, free shipping, a 30-night money-back guarantee, and a one year warranty are nice inclusions to keep in the back of your mind.
The Wild One really lets your labradoodle be a wild one, with its sweet water-resistant interior liner and a nonslip base. Its side rail design allows for easy access for your doodle’s bedtime onto the tiered foam cushioning. With just two colors to choose from, options may feel a little limiting in styling, but the two available are modern enough to blend into any household nicely.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the best type of dog bed for a labradoodle? The key words when it comes to labradoodle beds are durable, supportive, and washable! You will need a sturdy enough bed that will withstand their many adventures, including their possible desire to chew it. The amount of activity and thereby stress on their joints may make you lean towards a healthy amount of support in their beds. And of course, being able to keep your active labradoodle’s bed clean is a big factor.
- Do orthopedic dog beds really help for Labradoodles? It’s ultimately up to you as his caretaker whether you want to start your doodle young on full and comfy support, or if your elder doodle requires a softer surface. Joint conditions can be a real concern for Labradoodles. Be sure to give your vet a call about your dog’s individual health conditions if you have any questions or concerns.
- Do Labradoodles need comfy beds? Like humans, sleep is an essential part of the health of Labradoodles! Making sure that he sleeps well at night is a great way to care for him and make him feel loved. While dogs can go without beds and lead happy lives, a comfy bed can alleviate any medical conditions such as hip dysplasia, prevent the sores that come from sleeping on hard surfaces, and free your dog’s mind from anxiety knowing he has a comfortable place to rest. Plus, a bed of his own will stop him from hopping up onto your people furniture, letting you have a great night’s sleep of your own.
- Is memory foam toxic to Labradoodles? Memory foam is widely used and largely safe for both people and animals, which is shown by how popular a choice it is for sleeping! However, many are made from synthetic ingredients that include polyurethane and added chemicals that you may want to keep in mind. Some of these chemicals are suspected carcinogens and damaging if ingested, so keep your pup entertained with other chews and supervise his activity when in the same room as his memory foam bed. You can also be on the lookout for memory foam pet beds that specifically state they are toxin-free.
At the end of the day, the right dog bed is a vital investment of your time, effort, and resources in helping your beloved labradoodle live a long and healthy life. Your doodle is sure to appreciate the extra care and comfort, and you’ll rest easier at night yourself, knowing he’s resting easier! Nothing beats rolling over in your bed to see your pup having the best night’s sleep in theirs.