The Pomeranian pooch packs a commanding presence in a tiny body. Often no heavier than seven pounds, this toy breed sports a double coat that can come in approximately 24 different colors. These feisty little dogs train easily and watch fastidiously over the family they adopt. Their little frames can get the exercise they need running laps in the house or walking the streets, so they are perfect for large and small spaces. (But they DO need exercise, so be sure to include some time specifically dedicated to doing a rigorous activity with your Pomeranian.)
Much like any breed of dog, the Pomeranian may suffer from any of the following common ailments: patella luxation, collapsed trachea, reverse sneezing, hair loss, hypothyroidism, and others. The best way to care for your Pomeranian is to make sure you are feeding them only what they need, making sure they exercise, and getting them checked at least once a year by a trained veterinarian. In addition to keeping them healthy, keep them groomed, engaged, and comfortable! One often under-rated accessory for any dog, but especially small dogs, are dog beds.
Because of their small size, you should limit how much the Pomeranian jumps down from high places, including a couch or bed. It can be damaging to their joints and frames. How better to entice your fierce toy-sized protector to stay off the furniture than to supply them with their own? Picking the right bed for your Pomeranian can feel overwhelming, and you want the bed you pick to fit not just the dog but also your lifestyle. To find the best dog bed for your Pomeranian, we have assembled a list of the best dog beds for this breed.
What is the Best Dog Bed for Pomeranians?
- Best Overall: Puffy Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic: Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Luxury: ELUX Pet Bed
- Best Chew Proof: Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- Best Affordable: Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Elevated: Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Travel: Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Calming: Best Friends by Sheri, The Original Calming Shag Vegan
- FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam Pillow Dog Bed
- Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed
- Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress
- WFH High Memory Fiber Bed
- Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed
- Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Wild One Dog Bed
6 Different Types of Dog Beds for Pomeranians
In addition to possible health problems, there are many other reasons a Pomeranian should have its own bed – their size makes them an easy accidental casualty of falling or being rolled over, they shed and can fill your bed with unwanted fur, and if they are not permitted to stay in your room during the day, they may find it difficult to get much-needed rest in other parts of the house. Below are six different types of dog beds you will encounter when looking for a bed for your Pomeranian.
- Orthopedic Bed. Particularly if your sweet Pom is advanced in age, an orthopedic bed may be the right choice for your pooch. Orthopedic beds provide support to your Pomeranian’s bones and joints, particularly the hips and elbows. Most are made of memory foam, but any filler product firm enough to keep you from flattening the bed with ease should offer the support your dog needs to get a gentle, comfortable night’s sleep and leave them feeling fresh in the morning.
- Pillow Bed. Typically, Pomeranians love to snuggle, so a pillow bed with a soft lining and good rim may be the perfect match for your little love. Bear in mind the size of your Pom when searching for the perfect pillow bed for your pooch and know that you know your dog best. Find something that fits your space and fits your dog’s personality.
- Elevated/Cooling. Most Pomeranians want to nest when they rest, but if you live in a warmer climate, an elevated or cooling bed may be the right choice for your dog. Given their fluffy double coat, an elevated bed keeps it breezy on all sides, keeping your dog cool and comfortable. Remember to look for something elevated but not too high for your tiny pet; you do not want to risk injury by picking something too high.
- Heated Bed. Yes, a Pomeranian wears a year-round winter coat, but at a whopping seven pounds, it may be necessary to up the ante to keep them warm in bed. Also, it is not a bad idea to consider a heated bed for a Pomeranian if they frequently seem to experience joint aches and pains. Much like heating pads for humans, these heated beds can keep them feeling fine. Heated dog beds can be either electrically heated and plug into a power source, or they can be self-warming by incorporating materials such as Mylar which are heat-reflective. They come in a wide variety of shapes and types, so explore your options and find what fits for you.
- Covered Bed. As has been mentioned several times, Pomeranians love to snuggle. A covered bed option may be the perfect fit for your pet. A covered dog bed is just what it sounds like – it offers either a partial or full covering over the bed, much like a tiny cave for your Pom. This can make them feel nestled and secure and ready to snooze.
- Sofa Bed. Maybe your Pomeranian loves to lounge, and the rimmed bed just does not quite fit their style or frame. Perhaps it is time to consider a doggy sofa for your little one. With a flat base and a rim around only half of the bed, this may offer the right balance of snuggle and ease for your Pom to get the rest, and feel as royal, as he or she needs.
5 Key Considerations When Looking for a Pomeranian Dog Bed
It can feel overwhelming trying to find the perfect dog bed for your Pom, and you may feel the need to get it “right” on the first try. Unfortunately, it may take a little bit of searching and testing to decide what works best for your pet, and your Pom’s needs may change over time. However, there are five things to keep in mind when looking for the perfect dog bed for your Pomeranian.
- Size. It may be tempting to buy a dog bed fit for a queen, just make sure it is a dog bed fit for a tiny queen. Your Pomeranian, given its small size, may be more enticed to use its own bed if it is shaped and sculpted to fit its frame. Also, as has been mentioned before, it is important to find a dog bed that is not too high off the floor or has support mechanisms to keep your Pomeranian from leaping down off of high furniture.
- Age. The older we get, the more support our bodies require to keep us moving well. Pomeranians are no different. As they age, they may experience joint issues and pains that will require more support. Younger pups may find that any cozy bed, with the right softness and snuggle potential, suit them just fine. In this case, age may be the deciding factor between luxury and necessity.
- Shed. Pomeranians shed. A Lot. Finding a dog bed that is easy to clean may be exactly what you need for this small, furry animal. It is important to find a dog bed with the right material and design to keep it cleaned without a lot of fuss. This keeps your house looking neat and keeps your Pomeranian happy to sleep in their bed.
- Lifestyle. Perhaps you travel quite a bit, or maybe your dog will spend significant time outdoors. Maybe your dog will hustle with you to work each day. Regardless of how you live, your puppy’s bed should fit that lifestyle. If you travel frequently, it may be necessary to find a dog bed you can easily pack and take with you. If you like to spend time outdoors and want your Pomeranian to experience that too, then finding a bed that is easily cleaned may be a critical need. Maybe you need a dog bed that conforms to the formality of a business office. Regardless, do not sacrifice the health needs of your Pomeranian, but with the wide variety of offerings, you are sure to find something that meets both of your needs.
- Durability. You do not want to keep having to replace your dog bed, so look for quality material that can withstand the normal traffic of your Pomeranian. Most dogs like to “dig” to get their spot for snoozing just right. If the fabric tears easily or wears quickly, you will spend more time and money than is necessary to keep your dog rested. You can even find dog beds for “chewers” these days, made with material that cannot be destroyed by your pet. Often, you get the quality you pay for, so be sure not to skimp on this purchase.
We have scoured the offerings and identified what we believe to be the best dog beds for Pomeranians in seven different categories, and we have identified what we feel is the best overall dog bed for a Pomeranian. Use these reviews to make the best purchase for your pet.
Overall Best Dog Beds for Pomeranians
|Our 2020 Picks: Overall Best Bed for Pomeranians|
|Puffy Dog Bed
|Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic
|ELUX Dog Bed
|Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
|Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster
|Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
|ChuckIt! Travel Bed
|Best Friends By Sheri, The Original Calming Shag
|FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam
|Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed
|Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress
|WFH High Memory Fiber Bed
|Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed
|Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed
|Wild One Dog Bed
Best Overall Dog Bed For Pomeranians – The Puffy dog bed may just the exact right fit for your Pomeranian. Its high-density memory foam provides the right amount of support and comfort for your Pomeranian to rest comfortably and deeply. Additionally, it features a bumper around three-quarters of the bed, offering your Pom the opportunity to curl snuggly against its edge. Additionally, the Puffy dog bed is designed to relieve pressure on your dog’s joints and frame.
This bed also features a durable and washable cover making it easy to keep clean and ensuring that it will last longer than the average bed. It is equipped with non-slip fabric on the bottom to keep it in place, and it comes in 3 different sizes, though you will likely only need one unless your larger dog gets dog bed envy. The Puffy dog bed sports luxurious fabric along with its specialized design. It is designed to keep your dog comfortable and cool with breathable, high-density memory foam.
The best part about this bed may be its guarantee. The Puffy dog bed comes with a lifetime warranty and a 101-night sleep test. You can let your dog test the bed for 101 nights before you decide for sure whether it is the bed for your Pom or not. As long as your dog sleeps on that bed, it is covered by Puffy warranty. It ships easily to your front door, too! This bed is the best in every category with rare user guarantees not offered by its competitors.
- Supportive bed design
- Luxurious comfort
- Bumpers for snuggles
- Easily cleaned
- Comes with a warranty
- Only one design
- On the pricier side
- Modern design
- Orthopedic support
- Machine washable
Best Orthopedic Bed For Pomeranians – The Frisco Orthopedic Bolster bed comes as two pieces and is low enough to give your Pomeranian easy access. With plenty of room to snooze, this super-soft bed is lined with chenille and soft cloud Sherpa to keep your pet dreaming. The bolster edges make the perfect snuggle spot for your Pomeranian, allowing it to get the rest it needs.
There is more to the bed than just style and comfort, though. This bed provides excellent orthopedic support with a convoluted foam base. Also, the Frisco Orthopedic Bolster bed is machine-washable, making it the perfect pet accessory for your home.
- Orthopedic support
- Cozy design
- Soft, comfortable material
- Fashionable design
- One color
- Durability not a key feature
- Moisture repellent
Best Luxury Dog Bed For Pomeranians – The Elux Pet Bed comes in two styles, the Extra Plush and the orthopedic, gel-enhanced Memory Foam pet bed. The Extra Plush bed comes with five-inch thickness to help ease arthritic pain in your pet. This bed fits your dog’s lifestyle, whether indoor, outdoor, or in a kennel or crate. The bed is both fashionable and functional to meet the needs of your Pomeranian.
The Memory Foam pet bed features two layers of memory foam. The top layer, a gel memory foam, is undergirded by a layer of supportive base foam. This bed can also be used indoors or outdoors and features luxurious, stain-resistant, and durable fabric to keep your Pom comfortable and clean. Coming in soothingly neutral colors, this bed is made to match your home.
- Luxurious design
- Unknown washability
- On the pricier side
- Waterproof liner
- Orthopedic foam
- Non-toxic materials
- Hair-resistant covers
Best Chew Proof Dog Bed For Pomeranians – This bed may offer the most durable option for your Pomeranian. With Kevlar-reinforced seams and water-resistant construction, this bed is designed to withstand the most ardent gnawer. Along with its durable design, the Bully Bed Chew Resistant Dog Bed is made with orthopedic foam for optimal support for your Pomeranian. It is also free of harmful toxins and flame retardants that can be detrimental to the health of your dog and your family.
The Bully Bed Chew Resistant Dog Bed features removable, washable covers and also boasts material that resists even the clingiest of hair. If your dog manages to dominate this bed, do not worry. Bully Beds offers a 200-day Chew Warranty and replacement for your purchase, ensuring that you get the most for your investment.
- Orthopedic support
- On the pricier side
Most Affordable Dog Bed For Pomeranians – The Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat and Dog Bed features one lower side and rimmed edges to give your Pomeranian an easily-accessible, cozy place to rest. With luxurious softness and fashionable design, the dog bed will easily accessorize your home while accommodating your pet.
The inside cushion is filled with fluffy polyester fiber to give your Pom a soft, comfortable place to sleep, and its cloud Sherpa lining is sure to entice your Pomeranian. The bed features machine-washable material and an easy-to-clean design to keep your dog’s resting place fresh and clean.
- Cozy and soft material
- Snug design
- Very affordable
- No orthopedic support
- Not as durable as other brands
- Easy to assemble
Best Elevated Dog Bed For Pomeranians – The Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog bed provides the perfect place for your Pomeranian to cool her heels after playing hard. With a sturdy steel frame and durable, breathable fabric, this elevated sleeping spot is made to last.
Not only is it designed with breathability in mind, but also this material supports your dog and does not sag after extensive use. The feet of this bed are designed to be skid-resistant, ensuring that your dog’s bed does not become a safety hazard. It is easy to assemble and easy to keep clean making it a perfect fit for the active lifestyle of the Pomeranian.
- Ideal comfort
- Easy to Assemble
- Requires assembly
- Machine washable
- Breathable material
Best Travel Bed For Pomeranians – This dog bed is ready to go. With easy-to-clean, breathable material, this portable dog bed comes in clutch on camping trips and other travel. This dog bed fits easily into a stuff sack and comes in one size to accommodate most dogs.
As often happens on camping trips, the moisture of dew or rain may sink other beds, but the Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed features material that dries easily and is not ruined by water. It is a must-have for the Pomeranian-loving, dog bed packing, ardent adventurer.
- Machine Washable
- Not as snuggly as other brands
- One size
- Water-resistant bottom
- Orthopedic support
- Raised edges
- Machine washable
Best Calming Dog Bed For Pomeranians – This dog bed features soft, faux shag fur lining and a water-resistant, nylon bottom keeping your dog comfortable and your floors clean of unwanted accidents. Extra filling and a supportive edge provide helpful orthopedic support to your Pomeranian. Additionally, the bed incorporates an insulated layer that will radiate warmth using your pet’s body heat, keeping them snuggly and warm.
This machine-washable, dryer-safe bed is perfect for the Pomeranian that likes to burrow, boasting a circular design that is perfect for Poms. The bedding also features extra filling to help relieve joint and muscle pain for your dog. It comes in two colors and three sizes at a very affordable price.
- Heating (calming)
- Water-resistant bottom
- Orthopedic support
- Perfect for burrowing
- Machine washable
- Only two colors
- Not known for durability
7 Other Top-Rated Pomeranian Dog Beds
This dog bed features Ultra Plush Deluxe Memory Foam to give your pet the most comfortable sleep possible. With a memory foam core laminated to medical-grade polyurethane, the bed accommodates the weight and shape of your dog by cradling it and gently soothing aching joints or muscles.
The FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam provides the comfort and support your Pomeranian needs to sleep deeply and restfully. Its low, accessible step-on feature makes it a perfect fit for even the smallest dog.
With luxury design and high-quality materials, the Brentwood Griffith Pet Bed offers a comfortable and well-supported resting space for your dog. It features premium, non-toxic materials that last and clean well. Additionally, the two layers of dense, supportive foam provide extra support for even the most delicate Pom.
The furniture-grade fabric is durable, and the removable cover is washable and stylish to suit your doggy and décor needs. It’s also stain-resistant, making it the perfect bed for your Pomeranian.
The SleepEz Latex Dog Bed sports a breathable, hypoallergenic material with long-lasting quality. It provides your Pomeranian with the right mix of comfort and support, optimized for healthy joints and spines.
This environmentally friendly foam sleeps well and breaks down quickly once its usefulness has expired. Made in the U.S.A., this dog bed ships directly from the manufacturer for free.
Functional and fashionable, this Work from Home (WFH) High Memory Fiber Bed is made of high-quality microvelvet fabric. Designed to deliver optimal support for deep, comfortable sleep for your dog, it offers a sleek design and beautiful effect.
Easy-to-wash, with orthopedic support, and upholstery-grade fabric are just a few of the key features of this dog bed. It also repels dirt and spills, keeping your dog’s bed fresh for sleep. Your dog will sleep well and in style!
The Dream Chaser Donut Bed is designed for the nester. Perfectly shaped for your Pomeranian, the donut-shaped bed is crafted for dogs that love to curl. The bed also features a reversible exterior for temperature control. One side is cool, and one side is warm.
The Dream Chaser Donut Bed is machine washable and dryer-friendly, so it is easy to keep clean. Made with 100% polyester fill with a cotton and polyester blend cover, this donut will keep your Pomeranian dreaming all through the night.
Designed by a mattress manufacturer, this dog bed is firm, copper-infused, and durable. With a removable insert that flips to adjust for firmness, this bed will make your pet feel pampered and part of the family.
Copper-infused memory foam provides a cooler, more sanitary, and comfortable experience for your dog. And the washable construction design with durable materials means this dog bed will last long into the life of your pet.
The Wild One Pet Bed features a double-tiered, human-grade memory foam mattress to provide maximum support for your Pomeranian. With a water-resistant interior liner, it keeps you free of unnecessary mess. It also features a non-slip base keeping your pet bed in place.
The Wild One also features bumpers for snuggling and layered poly-weave material for durability. This bed provides a cozy spot for your beloved Pomeranian.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best type of dog bed for a Pomeranian? Ultimately it depends on your lifestyle and your dog’s preferences, but there are a few things to keep in mind when looking for a dog bed for your Pom. First, it needs to be low to the ground for the health and safety of your Pomeranian’s joints and spine. Second, if your Pomeranian is advanced in age, you might seriously consider getting a good orthopedic bed to keep your dog perfectly comfortable and sleeping well. Finally, you need to consider what fits best for your lifestyle. Do you need something that travels well? Looks nice? Is durable? See above for some great options to meet your needs.
- Do orthopedic dog beds really help for Pomeranians? Yes! Just like humans, dogs need to treat their bodies well to live long, fulfilling lives. An orthopedic dog bed offers the right support for healthy joints and deep, restful sleep.
- Do Pomeranians need comfy beds? Pomeranians like to be pampered, so yes. They like to snuggle and nest, so what could be more enticing to a Pomeranian than a comfy bed?
- Is memory foam toxic to Pomeranians? It depends on who you ask. Some contend that memory foam is toxic to dogs, but others say it is perfectly fine and even necessary. It’s important to talk with your veterinarian about the needs of your dog and what might be the right solution for you.