- What is The Best Dog Bed for Poodles?
- 6 Different Types of Dog Beds for Poodles
- 5 Key Considerations When Looking for a Poodle Dog Bed
- Best Overall Dog Beds For Poodles
- Puffy Dog Bed
- Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- ELUX Pet Bed
- Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
- Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Friends by Sheri, The Original Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler Cat & Dog Bed
- 7 Other Top-Rated Poodle Dog Beds
- Frequently Asked Questions
Impressive and elegant, Poodles are certainly not a breed to be confused with any other. These proud and clever dogs can be very loyal and loving pets. For this reason, you will want to give them the very best place to rest in between games and walks and fun.
Selecting the perfect bed can be a little confusing, though, as there are just so many options. Here we will provide guidance on essential things to think about when shopping around for a new bed for your Poodle. We have also included details of some of the best beds currently around.
What is The Best Dog Bed for Poodles?
- Best Overall: Puffy Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic: Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Luxury: ELUX Pet Bed
- Best Chew Proof: Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- Best Affordable: Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Elevated: Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Travel: Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Calming: Best Friends by Sheri, The Original Calming Shag Vegan
- FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam Pillow Dog Bed
- Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed
- Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress
- WFH High Memory Fiber Bed
- Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed
- Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Wild One Dog Bed
6 Different Types of Dog Beds for Poodles
- Orthopedic Beds – Orthopedic beds are the best kind for elderly dogs or ones with specific health problems such as arthritis. A good orthopedic mattress will help alleviate pain, remove pressure from painful joints such as shoulder and hip by distributing your pup’s weight, and help to improve their overall mobility.
- Pillow Beds – Pillow beds are the conventional kind of dog bed; usually just a large cushion you place on the floor. They come in a range of sizes, shapes, and materials to suit your pet and your home. These kinds of beds are good all-rounders, but if your pup has any special requirements, they may not be the best one for them.
- Elevated/Cooling Beds – Elevated beds are great for keeping your pet cool in the summer or in a hot climate, and they are also useful for keeping your pooch off a cold, hard floor. They are usually constructed with a steel frame with some kind of material spread between the bars. These beds are excellent for outdoor use if you have a garden-loving dog.
- Heated Beds – Heated beds are useful for smaller dogs, clipped dogs, and ones living in colder climates. There are different types of heated beds, but most will make use of either pads or electricity to help keep your pup snug all night long. These beds are also great for pooches with stiff joints, the heat will be soothing for them.
- Covered Beds – Covered beds are perfect for younger dogs or slightly nervous or anxious ones. The idea being that as dogs originally lived in dens, they feel more secure in something that is covered. There are multiple options here, everything from beds with blankets attached to cave style beds that your pup can crawl into and curl up safe and snug.
- Sofa Beds – Sofa beds are another common kind; they sit kind of halfway between a pillow bed and a covered one. These beds have bolsters on three if not all four sides, providing your pooch with a sense of security while giving them a little more wiggle room to move about as they sleep. This is a popular type of bed with most dogs.
5 Key Considerations When Looking for a Poodle Dog Bed
- Size – Poodles come in three different sizes: toy, miniature, and standard, and most beds also come in three sizes ‘small,’ ‘medium,’ and ‘large.’ Don’t just look at the label though, it’s better to measure your pooch for their bed so you don’t end up with something cramped or that they are likely to get lost in.
- Coat – Many Poodle owners may choose to get their pet’s hair cut, clipped, or shaved for different reasons, including ease of maintenance. Just keep in mind that you are removing your pal’s natural protection against the cold, so you may want to factor that in when choosing a pet bed suitable for use in the winter.
- Preferences – Just as with humans, every dog is different in terms of what they like and what they don’t. In a bed, some pups may prefer a harder surface to lay on and others a softer one. Another key difference is whether your dog likes to stretch out or curl up when sleeping. These will all impact the bed you choose.
- Cleaning – Be it dirt, dander, slobber, or the occasional accident, there is no doubt that your pet’s bed will get a little dirty and smelly now and then. So, it’s best to select a pet bed that is easy to clean. Most types these days feature a removable outer layer suitable for machine washing.
- Cost – Cost is another crucial consideration, and it’s vital to find a balance between quality and price. Buy something that is too cheaply made, and it might be that your pooch doesn’t take to it, that it won’t last very long or that it doesn’t provide them the type of sleeping support that they need.
Best Overall Dog Beds For Poodles
|Our 2020 Picks: Overall Best Bed for Poodles|
|Puffy Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic||CHECK PRICE|
|ELUX Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|ChuckIt! Travel Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Best Friends By Sheri, The Original Calming Shag||CHECK PRICE|
|FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam||CHECK PRICE|
|Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress||CHECK PRICE|
|WFH High Memory Fiber Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed||CHECK PRICE|
|Wild One Dog Bed||CHECK PRICE|
- Designed for pressure relieving rest
- Handy removable and washable cover
- Non-slip bottom helps to avoid any accidents
- Soft and supportive sidewalls for security and comfort
Best Overall Dog Bed For Poodles – This bed is most suitable for just about any kind of dog, be they old or young, active or quiet. However, you’re probably going to want to be a little more careful with ones that like to chew or scratch their beds.
Your Poodle will love it because it is comfy as a cloud yet engineered to ensure that they get the best possible night’s sleep. The sturdy, high-density memory foam helps to relieve pressure and supports movement. The bolsters allow for a cozy cuddled up space.
You will love it because the combination of 100% polyester and microfiber makes the outer cover of this bed scratch-resistant and robust. Plus, the removable cover is a breeze to clean – just pop it in your washing machine.
- Soft, supportive cushion
- Stylish design
- Good sizing
- Keeps pups cool
- More expensive than other beds
- Two-piece bed to suit any canine preference
- High-quality foam base to help relieve pressure
- Fluffy, soft bolsters to provide extra support and security
- Stylish, modern and calming design
Best Orthopedic Dog Bed For Poodles – This bed is most suitable for older dogs with stiff joints who suffer from arthritis or slightly younger dogs as a preventative measure to ensure that they don’t have these kinds of issues as they get older.
Your Poodle will love it because this breed of dog is prone to discomfort in their hips and elbows. The Sherpa Ortho Bed comes with a convoluted foam base that provides firm and stable orthopedic support, and a removable cushion for a slightly softer touch as preferred.
You will love it because it’s a good bed at a reasonable price considering its functionality and also because of its versatility. It can be adapted to suit your dog’s specific needs. Also, the bed is machine washable for ease of care.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Looks great
- Soft and roomy
- Nicely fluffy
- Cushion doesn’t stay put
- Not suitable for chewers
- Extra plush low dernier performance yarns
- Orthopedic gel enhanced memory foam
- Moisture repellant and stain resistant
- Barrier protection and extreme durability
Best Luxury Dog Bed For Poodles – This bed is most suitable for dogs who like to really stretch out and sprawl in their sleep rather than cuddle up, burrow or nest. This bed is also great for use in the summer or in year-round warmer climates.
Your Poodle will love it because it is a wonderfully smooth and comfortable sleeping experience. This open design pillow bed has a thick reversible mattress, so they get to choose whether they want a softer or firmer sleeping place.
You will love it because of the LiveSmart technology, which provides the outer fabric with unmatched durability and longevity. It is both stain-resistant and water repellent, meaning that the inner foam is protected, and you won’t need to wash the bed as frequently.
- Versatile bed
- Don’t retain a doggy smell
- Can be wiped clean
- No non-slip surface
- Quite firm
- Removable, washable microfiber cover
- Waterproof liner included
- Made from Certipur-US certified-safe memory foam
- Heavy-duty, chew-resistant fasteners
Best Chew Resistant Dog Bed For Poodles – This bed is most suitable for younger dogs and ones that like to chew, scratch, and otherwise play with their beds. The specially formulated BillyTuf cover material and reinforced seams and fasteners make these beds a lot more indestructible than others.
Your Poodle will love it because of the incredible thick memory foam orthopedic mattress which is very comfortable to sleep on, and the open pillow bed design which gives them lots of space to fully stretch out.
You will love it because of the water-resistant, no stink construction from non-toxic, hypoallergenic materials, and because of the non-clinging, hair-resistant covers that can be removed and tossed in the washing machine as needed, alongside the bed’s extreme durability, of course.
- Well-constructed for purpose
- Luxuriously comfortable
- Can be wiped down
- Holds up to rough play
- A more expensive option
- Loud material
- Extremely cozy and soft bed
- Stylish design that will suit any space
- Soft cloud Sherpa sleeping area
- Ultra-soft polyester fiber filling
Most Affordable Dog Bed For Poodles – This bed is most suitable for dogs that like to have a nice, snuggly napping space to really curl up or nestle down into. The lowered access side makes it also great for older dogs as it allows for entry without too much effort.
Your Poodle will love it because the rectangular-shaped pet bed is super soft, providing them with a wonderfully cozy place to sleep that is good even in cooler rooms. The bolsters are great for them to lie against or rest their head upon.
You will love it because of the price and the fashionable, calming design that looks good just about anywhere. The bed is also entirely machine washable for ease of care and maintenance.
- Good value for money
- A nice all-rounder
- Fairly well sized
- Very soft and comfortable
- Not as durable as some other beds
- No orthopedic support
- Sturdy, powder-coated steel frame
- Durable, PVC-coated fabric sleeping area
- Ideal for use on various surfaces
- Skid-resistant feet for extra stability
Best Elevated Dog Bed For Poodles – This bed is most suitable for outdoor-loving canines, or ones who love being with their outdoor-loving owners, also thick-coated pups and ones who enjoy having plenty of space to relax and enjoy their rest.
Your Poodle will love it because it provides them with a comfy place to doze either indoors or out. The tight breathable fabric allows air to circulate around them, keeping them lovely and cool even on the hottest days.
You will love it because it is constructed from high-quality material with a strong, stainless steel frame and fabric that won’t sag or rip easily. It is also quick and easy to assemble, and if it needs a clean, you can simply wipe it down with a damp cloth.
- Nicely versatile bed
- Keeps dogs cool and comfortable
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Suitable for older dogs to get in and out of
- Not chew resistant
- Soft to touch, quality construction
- Ideal for large to small dogs
- Machine washable and breathable for quick dry-out
- A must-have for camping, car, RV, and home
Best Travel Dog Bed For Poodles – This bed is most suitable for pooches with owners who are always on the go and like to take their pets along with them. This is good for any and all kinds of dogs. However, it may not be the best option for those who need orthopedic support or that are particularly anxious.
Your Poodle will love it because the bed is soft and comfortable, and they get to stay by you wherever you are. This bed also lets them bring a little bit of home to strange new places to help them feel more relaxed and at ease.
You will love it because the bed is super lightweight and easy to take anywhere thanks to the included carry bag. Not only that, but it’s quick and easy to wash and dry and will keep dog hairs and dander off your car seats.
- Good for any size dog
- Very portable
- Soft and comfortable
- Great for the price
- Not as durable as other options
- Lacking a firm base for better support
- Soft faux shag fur keeps dog warm and cozy
- Water-resistant nylon bottom
- Extra filling provides relief from joint and muscle pain
- Raised edges are perfect for burrowing
Best Calming Dog Bed For Poodles – This bed is most suitable for young and anxious pets and ones that like to nest and burrow. This bed is excellent for use in the winter as the unique insulation layers trap and radiate your dog’s heat back to them.
Your Poodle will love it because the donut shape is absolutely perfect for curling up in for a wonderful feeling of security. The faux fur outer layer will remind them of snuggling up to their mum, and the orthopedic support base and bolsters will help them sleep well all night long.
You will love it because the water-resistant bottom will help protect your floors from any little accidents, and the bed is both machine washable and dryer safe for ease of keeping it clean and fresh.
- Good for short-haired or clipped dogs
- Well-sized for curled and stretched sleep
- Fluffy and snuggly even after washing
- Versatile – can be fluffed up or padded down
- Tricky for older dogs to step into
- Not chew proof
7 Other Top-Rated Poodle Dog Beds
This pillow style luxury bed features insulating memory foam laminated to medical-grade for great orthopedic support and a silky soft faux fur outer lining, making it super snuggly. It’s low rise for elderly dogs and encourages a longer, more restful sleep.
Another pillow style bed, this one is constructed from high-quality non-toxic materials with your pet’s welfare in mind. The bed is designed for any and all types of dogs with a double layer of dense and supportive foam to make it extra comfortable and supportive for your pooch.
A further pillow bed – this is a popular style! This latex bed is 100% natural for fans of environmentalism. The latex filler is comfortable and ultra-breathable for keeping your thick-haired Poodle cool. The organic cotton outer cover can be removed for washing and provides a nice soft surface for your pup to rest happy.
This high-end luxury sofa-style bed really has a lot going for it. Not only is the outer layer constructed from superior quality microvelvet fabric for a soft and stylish look, but the double layer base provides orthopedic support alongside a wonderfully comfortable cushion topper for the very best quality sleep for your pet.
A very affordable donut bed, the Dream Chaser is a mindfully made bed perfect for your little nester or cuddler. One of the very best things about this bed is its versatility. The reversible exterior means that it can keep your furry friend cozy and warm through the winter and then lovely and cool during the hot summer months.
This super stylish box looking bed is another excellent, versatile bed. The double-sided mattress has one firm and one soft side so your pooch can take their pick. In addition to this, the foam is copper infused for better temperature control, and the outer layer is liquid-resistant, so any accidents won’t be absorbed into the bed.
Midway between a pillow and a sofa bed, this practical yet comfortable water-resistant bed has slight rise bolsters, making it perfect for dogs who just can’t make up their mind about how they sleep. The outer layer is layered poly-weave for durability, and the mattress is tiered foam for extra comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best type of dog bed for a Poodles? There is no single answer to the question of which is the best bed for poodles as no two dogs are the same, even if they are the same breed. The best type of bed for your Poodle depends upon a whole range of factors, everything from their age and health to their sleep style and environment. Follow the guide above to ensure you find the perfect napping place for your pup.
- Do orthopedic dog beds really help Poodles? For younger dogs, you can probably get away with a regular foam mattress, but as your pet starts to get older, you may consider investing in an orthopedic one as they offer a vast number of benefits including providing your hound with proper support to help them rest well and awake free from stiff and painful joints.
- Do Poodles need comfy beds? A comfy pet bed is a must-have item for any dog owner for a whole range of different reasons. One of the main ones is, while your pooch may be more than happy to nap on the floor, if they spent the entire night there, it is likely to cause them some stiffness and discomfort and an overall bad night’s sleep.
- Is memory foam toxic to Poodles? Memory foam is not toxic to Poodles as long as it is manufactured in a safe and chemical-free environment. Unfortunately, this is not always the case with foreign and imported beds. When picking out a pet bed, ensure that the foam has been quality checked. This will mean that it is safe for use with your dog, and it won’t cause them any harm if they decide to chew on it.
A dog bed provides the perfect place for your pooch to have a lovely nap or simply lay down in comfort. Choosing the right one can be relatively straightforward as long as you know just what your pup likes and what their specific needs are. Find a bed they love, and the rewards will be plenty in terms of having a happy, healthy, well-rested pet.