The loyal Schnoodle: low-maintenance, active, great family dogs, and not widely-known! A mix of the schnauzer and the poodle breeds, these dogs can be tiny lapdogs or the size of standard poodles, ranging from six to 75 pounds. If you’re lucky enough to have one, you know just how friendly, sweet, and special they are.
Since Schnoodles come in many sizes, this means that their individual quirks can vary quite a bit, as well! This makes it clear that a ‘one size fits all” approach to the place where they could spend the majority of their time, their bed, just won’t do. There are a lot of factors to consider when finding the best Schnoodle dog bed, so doing your research ahead of time will ensure that your time and money are well-spent.
What is The Best Dog Bed for Schnoodles?
- Best Overall: Puffy Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic: Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Luxury: ELUX Pet Bed
- Best Chew Proof: Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
- Best Affordable: Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
- Best Elevated: Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Travel: Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Calming: Best Friends by Sheri, The Original Calming Shag Vegan
- FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam Pillow Dog Bed
- Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed
- Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress
- WFH High Memory Fiber Bed
- Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed
- Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Wild One Dog Bed
6 Different Types of Dog Beds for Schnoodles
There are six different dog bed types you can expect to find:
- Orthopedic: These dog beds keep in mind supporting parts of your dog’s body that might need it, particularly the bones, joints, hips, and elbows. It avoids the low-impact fillers that often leave dogs feeling the ground beneath them strongly, such as wood chips or polyester that is thin and cheap. Orthopedic consist of highly-supportive memory foam, latex, or other quality cushioning.
- Pillow: Pillow dog beds are usually what you’ll encounter the most at your pet or department stores, as they are simple in their design of a large pillow. They can be popular with dogs, as they can curl up tightly or flop all the way out in whatever sleeping positions they decide. If this is the shape you’re leaning towards, though, make sure you take in all the subtle differences in shape, size, and material.
- Elevated/cooling: Like humans, dogs can suffer from overheating during the night, causing health problems like heat stroke or just plain never resting. Cooling beds are designed to let your dog’s body heat escape instead of trapping it underneath them, which can be especially useful if she has dense fur.
- Heated: On the other end of things, the thought of your beloved pup shivering away during the night is enough to wrench any pet parent’s heart. If you live in a cooler climate or a place with harsh winters, your dog might need extra help staying toasty. Heated dog beds can either keep your dog warm through a power source or in the way they’re shaped, carefully preserving her body heat in a self-generating method.
- Covered: A lot of smaller dogs are more prone to anxiety, and your Schnoodle might be one of them. The covered dog bed is perfect for nervous pups, as the canopy, igloo, or teepee shape is a comforting shelter that puts their minds at ease. They can also do a better job of keeping pups warm, enclosing the heat in the roof rather than letting it drift away. Although this design is most common for small dogs, it’s possible to find one for your larger Schnoodle, as well.
- Sofa: This type of dog bed isn’t necessarily the most practical or comfortable among the rest, but it sure is stylish! It is literally a dog bed shaped like a mini sofa, which may be a good compromise if you can’t keep your dog off of your human couch. It is popular for its adorable design and adds an elegance most other dog beds can’t.
5 Key Considerations When Looking for a Schnoodle
It is so important to look for a dog bed through the lense of not only what looks good for you, but what works best for your own Schnoodle. Again, depending on her individual size, personality, and health history, these guidelines may not be perfectly-tailored to your pup. However, they’re a great place to start when finding the best Schnoodledog bed.
- Size: Some Goldens can grow up to 75 pounds! You want your Schnoodle to be able to rest in her favored position, with enough room to do so, but not swallowed up by her bed. If she’s a smaller Schnoodle, the latter can make her more uncertain and nervous. Take the time to measure your Schnoodle’s exact height and length so you know the ideal dimensions of the bed you’ll buy, and pay attention to the manufacturer’s suggestions as you shop.
- Longevity: With the range of Schnoodle size, their lifespan can vary from dog to dog, but generally, most live between 10 and 14 years. That could mean tons of beds over the course of over a decade, or only a handful of carefully-selected decisions. At the beginning of her life, you will probably want to look for a particularly chew-resistant bed, as puppies teething love to gnaw. As your Schnoodle gets more and more active, you’ll also want durability for how much she flops down onto it.
- Washability: Poodles are huge fans of swimming, and some Schnoodles have this trait, too! Even if they don’t constantly go for dips, Schnoodles are more a more active breed, so the chances of them bringing dirt and grime with them to bed are high. Look for a bed that is easy to clean; a removable cover could be very useful!
- Support: Lots of dog breeds face hip dysplasia in the middle or end of their lives, and sadly, Schnoodles are not exempt from this. However, selecting an orthopedic dog bed that cushions your Schnoodle’s joints and bones can either help relieve any discomfort she’s currently facing, or help prevent unnecessary wear and tear on her that comes from sleeping on hard surfaces. Schnoodles can also deal with bloat, making sleeping uncomfortable for them, so a supportive bed will help in this regard, as well.
- Position Preference: Whether you are a back, stomach, or side sleeper, you have a certain way that makes you most comfortable when you go to bed. Your Schnoodle is the same way! Her personality and size will determine the position that allows her deepest rest, and the bed shape you pick can help or hinder it. Watch how she currently sleeps, and think about this as you make your selection.
Overall Best Dog Bed For Schnoodles
|Our 2020 Picks: Overall Best Bed for Schnoodles|
|Puffy Dog Bed
|Frisco Sherpa Orthopedic
|ELUX Dog Bed
|Bully Beds Chew Resistant Dog Bed
|Frisco Sherpa Rectangular Bolster
|Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
|ChuckIt! Travel Bed
|Best Friends By Sheri, The Original Calming Shag
|FurHaven NAP Deluxe Memory Foam
|Brentwood Home Griffith Pet Bed
|Sleepez Latex Dog Mattress
|WFH High Memory Fiber Bed
|Tall Tails Dream Chaser Charcoal Donut Bed
|Layla Memory Foam Pet Bed
|Wild One Dog Bed
Now that you know the basics of what your Schnoodle could want in a bed, picking one out will be a lot easier. We’ve even gone one step further, reviewing eight of the best beds in a range of lifestyle options that will make choosing a snap.
- Memory foam
- Easy to wash
- Cooling design
- Orthopedic shape
Best Overall Dog Bed For Schnoodles – When it comes to versatility in sleeping styles, comfort, cleanliness, and durability, the Puffy dog bed is a hard one to beat! It has weight-distributing memory foam that will help even the fluffiest of Schnoodles stay cool, and its design and materials will cushion her joints and bones nicely. Plus, if your Schnoodle goes for a swim as Schnoodles are wont to do, the Puffy has a removable cover that’s easily thrown in the washing machine. The tough material covering the bed was chosen to be hard to scratch or tear, so it should be around for your Schnoodle to enjoy for years to come.
If you’re on the fence, though, Puffy has some nice options in customer perks, the foremost being a lifetime warranty. That’s not something you’ll find everyday for a pet bed! And if you do decide to order, shipping will be free. Add in a 101 day trial period for your Schnoodle to test the Puffy, and you might find it to be a great fit for the both of you.
- No shipping costs
- Lifetime warranty
- 101-day trial
- Comfortable and supportive
- Cute designs
- Rectangle shape
Best Orthopedic Dog Bed For Schnoodles – Frisco sure knows how to choose their exterior prints! There are three to choose from, and they are fresh, modern, and cute enough to spruce up your home’s aesthetics. It’s also two pieces, which according to their site, means double the comfort, as it’s two layers of support for your dog. Not only will she find it easy to lounge upon, but this rectangular Frisco is also snuggle-friendly, being generously lined with ultra-soft sherpa.
If you have a Schnoodle who is restless at night and spills out of her current bed, the four walls of the Frisco will keep her nighttime wanderings contained, plus assuage any nightmares with its sheltering four-wall design. And if there are any dirty little accidents, the removable pillow should make it easier to scrub or put in the washing machine. All in all, the Frisco is a wallet-friendly option with plenty of support. The only possible downside to the Frisco is that the materials are on the less-tough side, which means it may not last as long as other beds.
- Wallet-friendly pricing
- Modern prints
- Easily washable
- Tons of headrest
- Restricts sleeping positions
- Not as long-lasting
- Highly supportive/orthopedic
- Two-bed options
- Repelling of stains and moisture
- High-quality materials
Best Luxury Dog Bed For Schnoodles – Do you have a memory foam mattress that you love? That’s what you can find in this eLux pet bed. The exact same memory foam eLux puts in its people mattresses go into these orthopedic, gel mattress pet beds, bolstered by a bottom base of foam. Depending on your Schnoodle’s preferences, you can pick between the Extra Plush (fluffier) or the Memory Foam (more supportive) option of eLux.
These rectangular beds are simple in their design, with four somewhat basic color options. It won’t necessarily spruce up your home, but the eLux is so thoroughly designed for comfort, your Schnoodle definitely won’t mind. Although the price tag shouts “luxury,” the eLux runs out of stock somewhat frequently, so getting on the waitlist while you decide could be a great way to go.
- Machine washable cover
- Human quality material
- Less stylish
- Memory foam cushioning
- Very durable
- Very washable
Best Chew Proof Dog Bed For Schnoodles – Do you have a destructive dog? The company Bully Beds is so confident that they have designed the ultimate test for heavy chewers, they guarantee their chew-proof dog bed for 200 days through heavy-duty material like Kevlar-reinforced seams. Plus, there are no PBDEs, TDCPP, or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates, and CFCs in Bully Beds, resulting in a non-toxic and hypoallergenic bed for concerned pet parents. Even if your Schnoodle doesn’t chew it, all Bully Beds come with a 20-year warranty for bed shape retention and flattening, which is a great deal.
You may be wondering, is this bed still comfortable? Yep! Your Schnoodle will doze happily on Certipur-US certified-safe memory foam. Though the Bully Bed isn’t the most stylish, it’s comfortable and hard to beat, literally!
- Super tough
- 200-day chew guarantee
- 20-year shape warranty
- Easy to wash
- Less design-friendly
Most Affordable Dog Bed For Schnoodles – This cute Frisco bed will look great in any room of your home, as Frisco comes through once again with modern and eye-catching print designs. The other good news about this bed is that it’s very easy on both your budget and your Schnoodle. The pricing is very affordable, and the bed is lined with snuggly sherpa that your Schnoodle will love cozying up to. Any Schnoodle with mobility issues will have an easy time climbing in, as well, as its one lowered wall makes it very accessible.
However, if your Schnoodle needs orthopedic support, you may need to look elsewhere. There is only one layer of polyester-filled base, which means if you have a hard floor, your dog will likely notice, particularly if she has any bone or joint issues. Plus, the thinner material also means it will probably not stand the test of time. Though the Frisco instructions denote “machine washable,” there is no removable cover, so the whole bed must go in the machine and may get further squished.
- Free shipping on orders over $49
- Less supportive
- Less durable
- Harder to wash
- PVC-coated sleeping surface
Best Elevated Dog Bed For Schnoodles – This is the bed for your outdoor Schnoodle. Gone will be the days of her being relegated to the hard patio floor or the grass. You can easily hose this bed down if need be, depending on how messy your Schnoodle is, and if she needs to stay cool, the elevated design will do just that.
The toughness and hygienic quality of the Frisco can be a bit of a problem when it comes to comfort, though. This may not be the best nightly bed choice for your pup over time, as it offers virtually no support for bones or joints of any kind. Additionally, there is no protection against cold on this Frisco bed. If you just want a nice place for your Schnoodle to enjoy in the backyard or on a camping trip, though, it’s still a great option.
- Very washable
- Cooling and breathable materials
- Very durable
- High longevity
- One size
Best Travel Dog Bed For Schnoodles – Do you take your Schnoodle on tons of adventures, but can’t easily pack her memory foam bed? The Chuckit! travel pillow dog bed is the solution! For all of your road trips, camping, or whatever travel you wish, you can easily pack this bed among your belongings. When it’s time for bed, Chuckit! makes it easy to roll out of the accompanying sack and place it wherever it is handy.
For convenience’s sake, it’s a smaller bed, which can be useful for packing purposes, but challenging if you have a dog bigger than 20 pounds. It’s also light on support to be portable, making it less of an everyday bed, but this also means it’s super simple to place into the washing machine when you arrive home.
- Easily washable
- Convenient sack storage
- Small size
- Soft and cozy
Best Calming Dog Bed For Schnoodles – If you have a Schnoodle more prone to nervousness, you’ll want a bed she can burrow into, cuddle, and nest, which is exactly what this Sheri bed is designed to do. Also, if you keep her hair shorter and less warming, the round nest-like shape and fuzzy, vegan lining will help keep her comfortable. What’s also great about this Sheri bed is that even if you have a standard-sized Schnoodle, the sizing goes all the way up to XXL.
What can be tough about the Sheri bed is that it has no removable cover, which could result in compromised shape over time as you put the entire bed into the washing machine again and again. It also has a thinner bottom and no orthopedic material, and the round shape doesn’t allow for your Schnoodle to stretch out in her sleep. This Sheri bed comes in just two colors, making design options limited.
- Less supportive materials
- Only two color choices
7 Other Top Rated Golden Retriever Dog Beds
Did none of the above choices fit your Schnoodle’s needs? Not a problem! Here are seven other great choices you can consider:
With a soft, plush surface with a nice and thick memory foam core, this square bed only looks simple in design. It’s great for joint and bone support, accessibility, and washing, as the handy, durable materials cover is removable. You can put in the washing machine, making cleaning a breeze. It also has five sizes, so no matter how big or small your Schnoodle is, there’s a FurHaven for her!
With its three color/material options, the Griffith pet bed will draw the more design-discerning. Your Schnoodle will also enjoy tons of orthopedic support in the same premium CertiPUR-US certified foams Griffith puts in their human mattresses. The comfort design is top-notch, with a top layer of high-density memory foam and an orthopedic support base. Still feeling worried? The Griffith has a three-year warranty, and returns are also free.
Latex usually makes us think of gloves or balloons and not sleeping surfaces, but that’s the secret ingredient in what makes the SleepEZ dog bed a dream in comfort. According to the folks who make it, their natural latex materials make the bed more cooling, breathable, and of course, huge in orthopedic support. They take special care to their materials, with the exterior consisting of an organic cotton cover. SleepEZ also promises a lifespan of five to seven, so it’s quite durable, but when it’s time to swap beds, SleepEZ lets the eco-friendly relax, as their latex breaks down much faster than other conventional materials.
Schnoodles with high standards for soft surfaces will fall in love with the microvelvet covering this entire bed, and though it has only one color, you might fall in love with its high-end design. It comes in four sizes, making it friendly for all Schnoodles. When your pup goes to bed, she will rest upon its supportive memory foam center and sewn-down top cushion, and when cleaning day comes, the cover is removable and machine-washable.
Do you have a Schnoodle smaller than 25 pounds who struggles with anxiety? This Tall Tails bed is just what she’s been looking for. Its snuggly design is made for dogs who seek to burrow, cuddle, and nest, so she will be soothed to sleep at night. It is also great in the cleanup department with a machine-washable exterior. Finally, it has a unique feature of being flippable; one side will keep her warm, and the other will keep her cool.
Layla’s innovative “flippable firmness” basically gives your Schnoodle two beds in one. One side is a flatter, firmer mattress, and the other is a textured, more breathable option. No matter which side, the copper infusion in the mattress will be cooling and hygienic and the exterior cover is removable and washable. Layla also gives you time to figure out which she likes more, as they extend to owners a 30-night trial period. Shoppers can also enjoy free shipping and a one year warranty.
Poodles love to swim, and most Schnoodles are the same, which is where the Wild One dog bed comes in handy with its water-resisting liner. If she’s dripped onto the floor, the base is nonslip, so the bed will stay put after she’s gone for a dip. The side rail design and tiered foam cushioning allow for tons of support, and it’s accessible with its three sides, so no matter her age, your Schnoodle won’t have any trouble getting to bed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best type of dog bed for a Schnoodle? Schnoodles love being active and being with their families, so a bed that is durable and supportive of her rest from her activities of the day is key. While Schnoodles can inherit their non-shedding characteristic from their poodle relatives, they tend to love to swim like them, so if you can’t get her spic and span every day, make sure to pick a bed that is easy to wash. Schnoodles are fairly intelligent dogs, which is a great trait; however, this means they can get bored easily, and if they do not have enough to keep them occupied, they may turn to their bed to chew. In case you can’t catch her in the act, getting a chew-resistant bed can save you time and heartache down the road.
- Do orthopedic dog beds really help for Schnoodles? Unfortunately, Schnoodles are at risk for hip dysplasia, knee issues, and bloat, meaning support will be very important for them. Orthopedic beds are specifically designed to be easy on all of these trouble areas, and making sure that she is supported early on can prevent future health problems from developing. Therefore, you may want to invest in an orthopedic bed.
- Do Schnoodles need comfy beds? Depending on the size and temperament of your Schnoodle, she might be very active and in high need of a lot of quality rest at night. Like humans, if she can’t get comfortable, she just won’t rest as well, especially if she has medical conditions such as hip dysplasia or knee corrosion. Beyond the physical, if she has nervous tendencies, a comfy bed can be a “happy place” for her and make her at ease in your home when she faces stressful situations.
- Is memory foam toxic to Schnoodles? Memory foam should never be ingested by people or animals. Most memory foam mattresses are made from synthetic ingredients like polyurethane and added toxic chemicals. Does this mean that you should avoid memory foam beds? Not necessarily. Don’t leave your Schnoodle unsupervised with her bed to make sure she doesn’t start snacking on it. Give her plenty of other, more tasty things to chew on. You also can keep an eye out for non-toxic memory foam beds.
Schnoodles are wonderful dogs that deserve the best, in love, in life, and sleep. Even if you have to keep trying to find the perfect bed for her, you just need to look into those adorable eyes to know that she appreciates you doing everything you can to help her live a long, healthy life.