- What Is The Best Shampoo For Schnoodles?
- 6 Different Types of Shampoos for Schnoodles
- 6 Common Special Health Feature Shampoos to Consider
- Overall Best Shampoo for Schnoodles
- Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo & Conditioner
- Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs & Cats, Almond Scent
- Nature’s Miracle Supreme Odor Control Natural Puppy Shampoo & Conditioner
- Vet’s Best Allergy Itch Relief Shampoo for Dogs
- Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Dog & Cat Shampoo
- HyLyt Hypoallergenic Shampoo with Essential Fatty Acids for Dogs & Cats
- 5 Other Top-Rated Schnoodle Shampoos
- Our 2020 Guide to Bathing your Schnoodle
- Frequently Asked Questions
Schnoodles, which are a cross between a Poodle and a Schnauzer, are great family pets, with both Poodles and Schnauzers being great with kids. They are both loyal and affectionate, with moderate exercise needs meaning they aren’t too overzealous. They do love a good run and play though, which can result in a bath or three needed at times.
So, to ensure you choose the best shampoo to suit your Schnoodle, we have put together some of the best shampoos currently on the market for Schnoodles of all shapes and sizes. We always recommend speaking to your local veterinarian if you have any concerns though, to ensure your dog’s safety at all times.
What Is The Best Shampoo For Schnoodles?
- Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint
- Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs & Cats
- Nature’s Miracle Supreme Odor Control Natural
- Vet’s Best Allergy Itch Relief Shampoo for Dogs
- Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Dog & Cat Shampoo
- HyLyt Hypoallergenic Shampoo
- Earthbath Shed Control Shampoo
- Tropiclean Luxury 2 in 1 Papaya & Coconut
- Ark Naturals Don’t Worry Don’t Rinse Me Waterless
- Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo
- Allerpet Dog Dander Remover
6 Different Types of Shampoos for Schnoodles
Below are 6 common types of shampoos that are often used for Schnoodles:
- Medicated – If your Schnoodle has skin concerns or skin allergies, medicated shampoos may have been suggested to you. This can include itchy or dry skin, bacterial infections, yeast infections, and seborrhoea skin conditions. There is a range of medicated shampoos that treat or manage almost every skin condition, however, always discuss with a veterinarian professional to determine any underlying problems or concerns and the appropriate medicated shampoo on the market can be used.
- Hypoallergenic – In some circumstances, shampoos can be the cause of skin conditions, instead of addressing them. This is because some shampoos have allergens that can cause irritations to your Schnoodle, which is not ideal for anyone. To help with these kinds of skin conditions, hypoallergenic shampoos are a great alternative to medicated shampoos, as they are free of allergens and may help with any skin conditions your furry friend may have.
- Deodorizing – Thinking it may be time to address your Schnoodles’ odor? Look no further than deodorizing shampoos. Deodorizing shampoos are utilized when you need a little bit of extra help in battling any unpleasant odors that can come from your Schnoodle. To try and get rid of unpleasant odors, a deodorizing shampoo will provide a clean right down to the skin, as well as odor control for even the smelliest of Schnoodles.
- Tearless – Ever felt that stinging burning sensation in your eyes when washing your hair? Well it can also happen to Schnoodles when they take a bath! Tearless shampoo was invented for humans to help with that pain and is available for dogs also. By using a tearless shampoo, you can eliminate some of the unpleasant bathing experiences for your Schnoodle. It ensures that when shampoo does get into the eyes of your dog, it does not cause pain.
- Waterless – There are also shampoos for dogs that do not require water, which function in a very similar way that dry shampoo does for humans. A waterless shampoo can remain on your dog’s skin and does not need to be rinsed or washed out, making it an easy alternative. These kinds of shampoo will draw out the excess oil and dirt from your Schnoodle’s skin, helping with smell and cleanliness, and often comes in a gel, foam, spray or powder
- Shed Control – Shed control shampoos are designed to help stop incessant shedding from your Schnoodle. They are generally used to restore coat health and ease shedding, as they contain both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids (which have been proven to reduce shedding).
6 Common Special Health Feature Shampoos to Consider
- Anti-Fungal/Anti-Bacterial – The use of the terms ‘anti-fungal’ and ‘anti-bacterial’ is quite common these days, especially when it comes to shampoos and other washes. When it comes to dog shampoos, these are often classified as medicated shampoos, due to them having a lot of the same qualities. Anti-fungal/anti-bacterial shampoos offer relief from scratching, in addition to assisting clear up any yeast or bacterial infections, or even mange. Always take a look at the label though, before using any product.
- Dander Control – As an owner, you might suffer from allergies which relate to your four-legged furry friend. To help with the allergens that are emitted from a Schnoodle it is recommended you purchase a dander control shampoo. This helps remove dander before it becomes airborne, offering you some potential allergy relief in your home.
- Sensitive Skin – If your Schnoodle suffers from sensitive skin, ensuring you are using the correct shampoo for their needs is super important otherwise it can make matters worse. Shampoos for sensitive skin are available on the market in many forms, with some being advertised as medicated as well. Always check with your veterinarian if you need a little more information.
- Skin & Coat Health – Schnoodles have great coats and keeping their skin and coat health is important to not only the beauty of the shepherd but also their happiness. Sometimes a Schnoodle’s coat can start to become dull or their skin maybe exhibit redness or itchiness, if this the case there is a range of shampoos available to help. Coat and skin health usually rely on omega fatty acids and looking for these ingredients can help to keep your Schnoodle looking and feeling great.
- Itch & Redness Remedy – A common concerning skin issue is itchiness and redness, and this could be due to a range of factors. There might be an underlying issue or a food/skin allergy causing this issue and there are several shampoos designed to soothe and treat these issues. These shampoos are ideal in treating itchiness and redness as well as the possibility of scratching and sores. More often than not these shampoos are also medicated or hypoallergenic which will most likely soothe the issues faced by your Schnoodle.
- Calming – Calming shampoos offer soothing principles to a Schnoodle’s skin if it is irritated and red. These kinds of shampoos may also be called sensitive skin options, as well as those for itch & redness and medicated. They generally contain simple ingredients with calming properties, to assist with sore skin.
Overall Best Shampoo for Schnoodles
|Our 2020 Picks: Overall Best Shampoo for Schnoodles|
|Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs & Cats||CHECK PRICE|
|Nature’s Miracle Supreme Odor Control||CHECK PRICE|
|Vet’s Best Allergy Itch Relief Shampoo||CHECK PRICE|
|Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Dog & Cat Shampoo||CHECK PRICE|
|HyLyt Hypoallergenic Shampoo||CHECK PRICE|
|Earthbath Shed Control||CHECK PRICE|
|TropiClean Luxury 2 in 1 Papaya & Coconut ||CHECK PRICE|
|Ark Naturals Don’t Worry Don’t Rinse Me||CHECK PRICE|
|Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo||CHECK PRICE|
|Allerpet Dog Dander Remover||CHECK PRICE|
- Completely alcohol and soap-free.
- Coconut based and combined with lavender and mint, offering a soothing bath experience.
- Lathers easily and washes off easily.
- 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner formula.
- Ingredients include natural conditioners and pure botanical extracts such as sage, aloe vera, rosemary, green tea, and chamomile.
Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo & Conditioner is a great, 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner for your Schnoodle at any age. It offers a soap-free formula, made up of cosmetic-grade botanical extracts and essential oils, so your pup will both smell great and feel fresh. There is also green tea, aloe vera, lavender, mint… the list goes on, offering a soothing bath time experience.
Let’s not forget that this shampoo is also made in the USA and contains only simple and natural ingredients, meaning no harsh chemicals are being put on your Schnoodles skin at any time. Buddy Wash shampoos are also safe for humans, as well as animals, and offer nourishing ingredients to suit your dog’s needs.
- Made in the USA.
- Wheat protein is a natural deodorizer and is safe for frequent use.
- Leaves skin silky, soft and shiny.
- Not tested on animals and is safe for humans when used as directed.
- This formula does not offer flea repellence.
- It can cause issues for dogs with a wheat allergy.
- Oat protein hydrates, protects, and nourishes skin.
- Gentle shampoo.
- Contains Certified Organic Aloe Vera Juice to assist with skin hydration and coat health.
- It contains oatmeal to soothe skin.
- It does not contain any dyes or parabens.
Most Affordable Schnoodle Shampoo – If you are looking for a shampoo at a lower price point, look no further than Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs and Cats. Although it may be less expensive, it still contains a range of beneficial ingredients such as oat protein to protect and hydrate your Schnoodle’s skin, as well as chamomile extract to soothe irritations.
Another positive of Frisco shampoo is its subtle almond smell, however, some pet owners have suggested that this fragrance isn’t very nice once bath time is over but, overall, your Schnoodle will finish bath time with soothed skin and a great looking coat. There are even coconut and plant-derived cleaners in this formula – just another benefit!
- Affordable price point.
- Helps relieve itching.
- Soft coat following washing.
- Not tearless.
- It can leave an unpleasant odor after bathing.
- 2-in-1 gentle shampoo and conditioner.
- It offers benefits including neutralizing odors, deodorizing, skin and coat cleansing, and rich conditioning.
- Tearless and soap-free formula that is ideal for sensitive skin.
- It does not contain any dyes or perfumes.
- Made in the USA and safe to use with topical products.
- Fresh spring waters scent.
Best Schnoodle Puppy Shampoo – If a Schnoodle puppy has joined your hone, making sure you have the right shampoo to keep them fresh and clean is super important. Nature’s Miracle offers a gentle and nourishing, 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner for your new furry friend, offering four major benefits – odor neutralization, deodorizing, skin and coat cleaning and conditioning.
This shampoo is also tearless and does not contain any dyes or perfumes, which is perfect for little puppies in their initial stages of life. It is also safe to use with any spot-on tick and flea products that you may be utilizing, ensuring that your Schnoodle is getting all the help they need. Nature’s Miracle Puppy Shampoo & Conditioner is also soap-free and is a natural Cocoa Surfactant shampoo, reduced static electricity, and a thorough clean and.
- Gentle on puppy skin.
- It offers a soft and silky coat.
- Affordable price point.
- Pleasant odor.
- Great odor deodorization.
- The nice scent does not remain long.
- Leaves your dog smelling fresh and clean.
- Washes away allergens, resulting in the soothing of sensitive skin and improves itchiness.
- Offers itch relief for both allergies and skin irritations.
- Formulated by veterinarians with a balanced range of essential oils and natural ingredients.
Allergy and Itch Control Shampoo for Schnoodles – Vet’s Best Allergy Itch Relief Shampoo is the perfect option if you are looking for the best allergy and itch control shampoo for your Schnoodle. This option is full of oatmeal, d-limonene, and tea tree oil, offering the ideal combination of natural ingredients to assist with sensitive skin and help relieve itchiness. One of the big benefits of this allergy shampoo is that it does not affect topical flea and tick treatments, ensuring you can use it for your Schnoodle at any time and not be concerned. It also makes them smell great while washing away any problematic allergens – sounds like a great option to us.
- Great scent.
- Made in the USA.
- Suitable for both sensitive skin and skin allergies.
- Super silky and shiny coat.
- Do not have to leave on your dog for extended periods.
- It does not lather well.
- Cannot be used on puppies under the age of 12 weeks.
- Seborrhea and inflammation are regulated through the use of Phytosphingosine Salicyloyl and lipacid as well.
- It contains both chlorhexidine and climbazole – both of which assist with bacteria control and control of fungi populations.
- Lipacid assists with restoring the skin barrier through moisturizing and providing a lipo-protidic file deposit.
- A film that offers irritation protection and defies rinsing is deposited on the skin after use to avoid moisture loss.
- Formula contains 3.0% Chlorhexidine Gluconate, 0.5% Climbazole, and 0.05% Phytosphingosine Salicyloyl.
Fungal and Bacterial Infections – If your Schnoodle is known to suffer from skin inflammation caused by bacteria or a yeast infection, or they get seborrhoea, otherwise known as ‘hotspots’, the Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Dog & Cat Shampoo is an option to consider. Although this shampoo costs a little more than other choices, it lathers up well without having to use much, which makes it last longer. Duoxo contains ingredients such as chlorhexidine, climbazole, and phytosphingosine to help with both superficial and severe skin conditions, offering moisturizing properties to the skin. Another great part of this Duoxo shampoo is that it leaves your Schnoodles coat feeling nice and healthy, as well as having an odor that isn’t unpleasant or too medical-like. It doesn’t take too long to work either, making it a good option for those who need quicker results.
- Anti-microbial and anti-yeast.
- Cost-effective, as lasts a long time.
- Lathers well.
- Pleasant smell.
- It offers smooth and silky fur.
- More expensive than other fungal shampoos.
- Has to sit on the coat for 10 minutes before washing.
- It contains natural moisturizing ingredients.
- Both gentle and hypoallergenic.
- Soap-free formula.
- Maintains skin hydration.
- Non-stripping and non-drying.
Soap Free & Hypoallergenic – The HyLyt Shampoo for Dogs & Cats is a great choice when it comes to soap-free and hypoallergenic options for Schnoodles. This formula has the ideal pH balance for their skin, ensuring less cause for irritation, as well as being made up of emollients for moisture and hydration and protein for conditioning. If your Schnoodle suffers from seborrhoea, HyLyt contains essential fatty acids that assist with nourishing the skin, as well as helping control both scaling and flaking. HyLyt is both non-drying and non-stripping, as well as promoting a shiny and healthy coat. It may even help with flea and tick products placed on the skin too!
- Great lather without having to use a lot of product.
- Smells great.
- Easily rinsed.
- Helps control flaking and scaling caused by seborrhoea
- It can potentially benefit topical flea and tick products.
- Not all ingredients are from the USA.
5 Other Top-Rated Schnoodle Shampoos
Earthbath Shed Control Shampoo is another great option when it comes to controlling shedding for your Schnoodle. Its formula is made up of organic shea butter, glycerin, and allantoin, which focus on nourishing your dog’s skin and locking in moisture, and green tea extract and omega-6 fatty acids are used to protect the skin and fix any damage that can cause shedding. Although Schnoodles are low shedding dogs, there may still be some need for this shampoo.
Tropiclean Luxury 2 in 1 Papaya & Coconut Pet Shampoo and Conditioner is a great choice if you are looking for a shampoo that smells delicious and still does a great job washing your Schnoodle. Its formula assists with moisture levels on the skin, with mango and coconut assisting with the release of tangled fur, and papaya, and kiwi to take care of dry skin and keep your Schnoodle’s coat looking silky and healthy.
If you haven’t considered waterless shampoo before now, you definitely should! Ark Naturals offer a great waterless shampoo for those looking for something good without the need for bath time. This shampoo both cleans and refreshes your Schnoodle without bathing, with the shampoo foam providing everything you need to get your Schnoodle’s coat looking great. It consists of a natural botanical formula, offering you peace of mind when it comes to the product – and makes your furry friend smell amazing as well.
If you are searching for a dog shampoo from a familiar brand, you may have come across Burt’s Bees before. They offer a range of amazing products for humans, but also provide great dog shampoo too. Known as Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo, this product is made up of natural ingredients such as colloidal oat flour and honey, ensuring you are putting safe and correct products on your Schnoodles skin. This shampoo is pH balanced and does not contain any artificial fragrances, chemicals, parabens, phthalates, petrolatum, or sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), as well as offering great moisturizing and helps with a healthy coat too.
The Allerpet Dog Dander Remover is a scientifically proven formula to assist in the removal of dander from your Schnoodle before becoming airborne. Shown to reduce up to 50% of dander when used once a week, it is super easy to apply and no bath time is needed – simply place Allerpet on a towel and wipe down your Schnoodle. This product is both non-toxic and non-oily, meaning it doesn’t allow the attraction for more allergens – big benefit.
Our 2020 Guide to Bathing your Schnoodle
There are seven major points when it comes to bathing your Schnoodle:
- Brush your dog before a bath, as matted hair can retain water and leave your furry friend with irritated skin.
- Use lukewarm water – roughly about the same temperature as you would run for a baby, as dogs have different skin to adults and hot water burns more easily.
- Keep chatting to your dog in a calm voice and always reassure them.
- Always use dog shampoo!
- Rinse well, as leftover soap can irritate skin.
- Either air-dry or use a blow-dryer for dogs – never use a human hair dryer, as this will be too hot.
- Reward your Schnoodle once it is all over with praise, pets, and/or play!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best shampoo for Schnoodles? – To ensure optimal outcomes for your shepherd, the Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo and Conditioner is the way to go. It can depend on a range of issues and if your Schnoodle is facing skin conditions or allergies consult the guide above.
- How often should you bathe your Schnoodle? – If your Schnoodle is an inside dog and doesn’t tend to get very dirty, then washing them every 3-6 months is ideal. If they love to get out and about, then washing them every 2 weeks or so is suggested.
- Why does my Schnoodle stink? – There are 3 common reasons why your Schnoodle may stink: Skin allergies, Dry seborrhoea & Oily seborrhoea, which produces greasy and itchy skin with scaling and an unpleasant odor.
- Can I use human shampoos on Schnoodles? – It is not a good idea to use human shampoo on your Schnoodle as the pH levels will not be correct for their skin. Human shampoo can dry out dog skin and make it more susceptible to parasites and bacteria, whereas dog shampoo has the correct alkaline levels for their needs.
- Why does my Schnoodle still stink after a bath? – Schnoodles, like all other dogs, can have that ‘wet dog’ smell after bath time. This could be due to a range of factors but is mainly due to a wide array of organisms and yeast living in your furry friend’s coat. To try and avoid this, always dry your Schnoodle thoroughly!
Keeping your Schnoodle fresh and clean is super important, and there is a shampoo available for almost anything. Whether your dog is 12 weeks or 12 years old or anything in between, there are a range of options to suit your every need. From sensitive skin to allergies to hypoallergenic and anti-fungal, choosing the correct shampoo for your four-legged friend is important for their health and wellbeing. We always recommend speaking to a veterinarian before choosing a shampoo though – good luck with your bath time!