A cross between a Poodle and a Schnauzer, Schnoodles are fantastic family pets, as both Poodles and Schnauzers are well-known for being wonderful with children. They are faithful and caring, with modest exercise needs as they aren’t too outgoing. This is not to say they are lazy pets. They relish the opportunity to go outside and play which can definitely result in them getting dirty and requiring a bath sometimes.
- Affordable price
- Organic Certified aloe vera
To guarantee you select the most effective shampoo for your Schnoodle, we have compiled a list of some of the very best shampoos currently on sale for Schnoodles giving attention to their unique requirements. As always, we recommend talking with a veterinarian if you have any questions tailored specifically to your pup.
What Is The Best Shampoo For Schnoodles?
- Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint
- Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs & Cats
- Nature’s Miracle Supreme Odor Control Natural
- Vet’s Best Allergy Itch Relief Shampoo for Dogs
- Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Dog & Cat Shampoo
- HyLyt Hypoallergenic Shampoo
- Earthbath Shed Control Shampoo
- Tropiclean Luxury 2 in 1 Papaya & Coconut
- Ark Naturals Don’t Worry Don’t Rinse Me Waterless
- Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo
- Allerpet Dog Dander Remover
6 Different Types of Shampoos for Schnoodles
There are 6 main types of shampoos that are appropriate Schnoodle breed dogs.
- Medicated – If your Schnoodle has skin issues or skin allergic reactions, medicated shampoos might have been recommended to you. Common reasons to prescribe this shampoo are itchy or dry skin, bacterial infections, yeast infections, as well as seborrhoea skin conditions. There is a specific medicated shampoo that helps to take care of practically every skin condition, nonetheless, always discuss with a veterinary expert to diagnose underlying problems to determine which medicated shampoo is right for your Schnoodle.
- Hypoallergenic – In some occurrences, shampoos can be the trigger for skin problems, as opposed to resolving them. This is because some shampoos have irritants that can trigger allergies for your Schnoodle, which can easily be prevented with the right research. To assist with these types of skin problems, hypoallergenic shampoos are a fantastic alternative to medicated shampoos, as they are without irritants and also may help with any skin conditions your canine buddy might have.
- Deodorizing – Is your Shnoodle’s scent becoming a bit too overpowering? It might be time to consider a deodorizing shampoo. Sometimes, you need a specialised product to help tackle any of the bad odors emanating from your pooch and deodorizing shampoos provide just that. These shampoos work by cleaning your dog’s coat right down to the skin, which will help provide odor control to even the stinkiest of Schnoodles.
- Tearless – We all know the pain of getting shampoo in our eyes when taking a shower. Schnoodles can experience the same pain when they take a bath! Tearless shampoo is designed to help with this pain that can cause bathtime to be a traumatic experience for your dog. If you’re jealous, don’t worry. There are tearless shampoos for humans too!
- Waterless – Does your dog absolutely hate getting wet? There are waterless shampoos for dogs that work in a similar way to human dry shampoo. This shampoo sits on your dog’s skin and coat and doesn’t need to be rinsed or washed out. They aim to bring out excess oils and dirt from your dog’s skin that can cause your dog to smell. They are typically available in gel, foam, spray, and powder form.
- Shed Control – Is your dog often malting? These shampoos help stop the constant shedding from your Schnoodle. These shampoos are enriched with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These help to restore coat health and ease shedding.
6 Common Special Health Feature Shampoos to Consider
- Anti-Fungal/Anti-Bacterial – There has been an increase in popularity of shampoos marketed as ‘anti-fungal’ and ‘anti- bacterial’ in recent years. These are considered to be medicated shampoos when it comes to dog shampoos as they can relieve scratching and help clear out yeast and bacterial infections. Remember to always check the label before using this product on your Schnoodle as they are often designed to fix specific ailments.
- Dander Control – If you are a pet owner who suffers from allergies when around dogs, there are shampoos that help to control the allergens that are emitted from your Schnoodle. A dander control shampoo works by removing dander from your dog’s skin before it becomes airborne, reducing the breathable particles, and helping provide you with some much-needed allergy relief.
- Sensitive Skin – Does your Schnoodle suffer from sensitive skin? Be sure to match the shampoo that you use specifically to their needs or you can potentially make things worse than they need to be. You can opt for one of the many sensitive skin shampoos on the market but there are also hybrid medicated shampoos that will help your Schnoodle’s skin problems as well. Be sure to check with your local vet if you require any further information.
- Skin & Coat Health – To keep your Schnoodle looking beautiful and ensure its continued happiness, you will need to look after their skin and coat health. A common problem that can occur is that Schnoodle coats can start to become dull and become red or itchy. Some shampoos are specifically designed to counter these problems. Fatty acids are key to maintaining coat health, so look for omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in the ingredients list to keep your Schnoodle beautiful and happy.
- Itch & Redness Remedy – The most prevalent issue facing Schnoodle skin is itchiness and redness, but this isn’t caused by one specific factor. For example, it could be caused by a food allergy or by something that you used on their coat. Some shampoos will help to treat and ease the symptoms of these allergies that will counter the redness and itchiness. These can be medicated or hypoallergenic shampoos and help to stop your Schnoodle from scratching and creating more sores.
- Calming – Perhaps your Schnoodle has especially sensitive skin? Calming shampoos offer a solution to itch and redness with fewer ingredients, infused with calming properties that will aid sore skin and won’t cause further allergies for your dog. Try these if other shampoos have had no impact on your Schnoodle’s sore skin.
Overall Best Shampoo for Schnoodles
|Our 2020 Picks: Overall Best Shampoo for Schnoodles|
|Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint ||CHECK PRICE|
|Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs & Cats ||CHECK PRICE|
|Nature’s Miracle Supreme Odor Control ||CHECK PRICE|
|Vet’s Best Allergy Itch Relief Shampoo ||CHECK PRICE|
|Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Dog & Cat Shampoo ||CHECK PRICE|
|HyLyt Hypoallergenic Shampoo ||CHECK PRICE|
|Earthbath Shed Control ||CHECK PRICE|
|TropiClean Luxury 2 in 1 Papaya & Coconut ||CHECK PRICE|
|Ark Naturals Don’t Worry Don’t Rinse Me ||CHECK PRICE|
|Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo ||CHECK PRICE|
|Allerpet Dog Dander Remover ||CHECK PRICE|
- Zero soap and alcohol content
- Naturally based coconut formula combined with lavender and mint helps to provide therapeutic skin and coat care.
- Washes off and lathers easily.
- Contains both shampoo and conditioner.
- The inclusion of the pure botanical extracts sage, aloe vera, rosemary, green tea, and chamomile act as natural conditioners
Our pick for the best overall shampoo is Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo & Conditioner. Perfect for Schnoodles of all ages, it’s natural ingredients and the soap-free formula is guaranteed to leave your pup feeling and smelling great. The lack of soap and alcohol makes it unlikely to cause an allergic reaction, and its use of green tea, aloe vera, lavender, mint perfectly complement your Schnoodle’s natural coat oils.
The shampoo is manufactured in the USA, so can be trusted to contain the simple ingredients list it claims. The benefit to a minimalist ingredient list is that there are no chemicals that can cause irritation to your dog’s skin. You can rest assured that this shampoo will provide a soothing bath time experience for both you and your Schnoodle.
- Made in the USA.
- Uses natural deodorizer wheat protein that is safe for frequent use.
- Leaves skin silky, soft and shiny.
- Not tested on animals and is safe for humans when used as directed.
- The formula is not flea repellent.
- Not suitable for dogs with wheat allergies.
- Excellent skin hydration, protection, and nourishment from the use of oat protein.
- Gentle shampoo (although not tearless)
- It contains oatmeal to soothe skin.
- It contains oatmeal to soothe skin.
- Dye and paraben-free.
Most Affordable Schnoodle Shampoo – Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs and Cats offers the best value for money at its price point. Despite being cheaper than other brands, its ingredient list provides an impressive punch. The oat protein helps ensure your Schnoodle’s skin stays protected and hydrated, whilst the chamomile extract works to soothe skin irritation.
Frisco’s shampoo imparts a subtle almond smell into your dogs coat that can be a little divisive, but of course, whether you like the smell is completely down to personal preference and won’t affect your Schnoodles health. This, in addition to the coconut and plant-derived cleaners present in the formula, will leave your dogs skin soothed and its coat looking great.
- Affordable price point.
- Soothes itching.
- Soft coat following washing.
- Not tearless.
- Almond scent might not be to some pet owners preference.
- Contains both shampoo and conditioner.
- It offers benefits including neutralizing odors, deodorizing, skin and coat cleaning, and rich conditioning.
- Ideal for sensitive skin due to tearless and soap-free formula
- Dye and perfume free.
- Made in the USA.
- Fresh spring water scent.
Best Schnoodle Puppy Shampoo – Finding the right shampoo for your puppy is important in helping your new friend maintain optimal coat and skin health. Nature’s Miracle uses a gentle soap-free formula that gives the 4 in 1 benefits of odor neutralization, deodorizing, skin and coat cleaning and conditioning.
This shampoo is also tearless which is a very important quality to have for puppies as they can be quite distressed by more abrasive formulas. Nature’s Miracle claims that it provides exceptional cleaning, enhanced hair softness, reduced static electricity, and long-term clean. Thankfully, it is fully compatible and safe to use with any spot-on tick and flea products.
- Great for all coat types
- High-value price point.
- Great smell.
- Thorough odor deodorization.
- Some believe that the smell is too overpowering
- Leaves your pooch smelling fresh and clean.
- Compatible with topical flea and tick treatments
- Soothes and alleviates sensitive and itchy skin.
- Utilizes a blend of essential oils and natural ingredients
Allergy and Itch Control Shampoo for Schnoodles – Looking for the best allergy and itch control shampoo for your Schnoodle? Then look no further than Vet’s Best Allergy Itch Relief Shampoo. Containing oatmeal, d-limonene, and tea tree oil, it offers a blend of natural ingredients that all work to soothe sensitive skin and prevent itchiness from allergies.
As well as making your dog look and smell great, it can also be used alongside topical flea and tick treatments. This is not the case with many allergy and itch control dog shampoos. If your dog needs a specialised shampoo due to allergy problems, Vet’s Best have crafted a holistic product that your dog will love.
- Well-liked scent.
- Made in the USA.
- Suitable for both sensitive skin and skin allergies.
- Natural Formula
- Quick and easy to use.
- Veterinary Formula
- Some dogs may be allergic to oatmeal.
- Cannot be used on puppies under the age of 12 weeks.
- Phytosphingosine Salicyloyl regulates seborrhea and inflammation
- Active ingredients chlorhexidine and climbazole work to control bacteria and fungi populations.
- Promotes skin barrier restoration with Lipacid
- Creates a film on the skin which provides long-lasting protection after bath-time
- Leaves dogs smelling fresh for longer
Fungal and Bacterial Infections – For Schnoodles who suffer from seborrhoea or bacteria and yeast infections, we would recommend looking into Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Dog & Cat Shampoo. This shampoo is designed to treat the aforementioned ailments and not just tackle the symptoms. The chlorhexidine, climbazole, and phytosphingosine present in the formula also work to moisturize the skin, leaving your dog’s coat looking and feeling great.
The shampoo lathers well making it great value as it lasts for a good while following the initial purchase. So don’t be too deterred by its slightly higher price point. Reviewers also have complemented its pleasant smell when compared to its anti-fungal shampoo competitors that often smelt too medical like.
- Treats microbial and yeast infections.
- Great value.
- Easy to apply.
- Nice fragrance.
- Fosters skin and coat health
- Should be used with caution as it is hazardous when ingested or if it comes into contact with eyes.
- Ingredients naturally help to moisturise.
- Gentle on skin and hypoallergenic
- Does not use soap
- Hydrating skin formula.
- May boost the effectiveness of topical flea and tick products.
Soap Free & Hypoallergenic –In a competitive soap-free and hypoallergenic shampoo market, HyLyt Shampoo for Dogs & Cats stands above the rest. Utilising an ideal pH balance formula, your dog’s skin will suffer less irritation. The added emollients will also work to ensure moisture and hydration in your dog’s coat, with added protein for conditioning.
This shampoo is great if your Schnoodle suffers from seborrhoea, as it contains essential fatty acids that work to hydrate and nourish the skin whilst providing control against scaling and flaking. It also works to promote a shiny and healthy coat, and can even safely be used alongside flea and tick products.
- Uses natural ingredients.
- Great smell.
- Easy to rinse.
- Helps control flaking and scaling caused by seborrhoea
- Not entirely made in the USA.
- A little expensive
5 Other Top-Rated Schnoodle Shampoos
If your Schnoodle is constantly shedding then Earthbath Shed Control Shampoo provides a great option. It protects and nourishes your dog’s skin with an organic formula made up of shea butter, glycerin, and allantoin. These ingredients work to lock in moisture, with fatty acids added to protect and fix the damage caused by excessive shedding. This is a great softener for Schnoodle hair.
Want the best smelling shampoo for your Schnoodle? Tropiclean Luxury 2 in 1 Papaya & Coconut Pet Shampoo and Conditioner has proven to be extremely popular on this front, with reviewers claiming it smells heavenly, whilst also providing a great and thorough wash for your Schnoodle. The mango and coconut help to moisturise and assist with tangled fur, whilst the papaya and kiwi stop dry skin and ensure a shiny coat.
Ark Naturals have produced a waterless shampoo that is just perfect for active Schnoodles who regularly get dirty and need to be cleaned more often than other dogs. Perfect for the time-conscious dog owner, it helps to clean and deodorize your Schnoodle without the need for a long bath! The formula contains natural ingredients that will not only make your dog smell great, but look great too. Easy to apply and providing great results, we recommend you give this one a try.
Burt’s Bees is a well-trusted brand known for high-quality products, and this shampoo is no exception. As well as making great human products, their dog shampoos are also exceptional. Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo utilises natural ingredients such as colloidal oat flour and honey to deeply condition your dog’s skin and moisturise its coat safely. This gentle formula is perfect for dogs with sensitive skin and eczema, as it is pH balanced and is free from harmful chemicals, artificial fragrances and parabens. This shampoo will definitely help your Schnoodle maintain a great smelling and healthy coat.
Are you experiencing allergies as a result of your Schnoodle’s dander? Then you might want to give Allerpet Dog Dander Remover a shot. This scientifically proven formula works to remove the dander from your dog before it becomes airborne. It claims to remove 50% of dander when applied once a week, with its easy application helping to aid in this goal. Designed to be used on adult dogs, you should avoid using this on your Schnoodle if it is still a puppy.
Our 2020 Guide to Bathing your Schnoodle
We recommend that you stick to these seven tips when it comes to bath time for your Schnoodle:
- Before giving your Schnoodle a bath, be sure to brush your dog. Matted hair retains water and can potentially leave your Schnoodle with irritated skin.
- Stick to lukewarm water as hot water burns dogs more easily. Try to keep water temperature similar to a bath you would run for a baby.
- Make sure to keep talking to your dog whilst bathing them. This helps to calm their nerves and reassures them that everything will be ok.
- Use a dog shampoo!
- Be sure to rinse thoroughly as any soap leftover can irritate the skin.
- When drying, avoid the use of a human hair dryer as this will be far too hot. Instead, opt for air-drying or a blow dryer designed for dogs.
- Remember to reward your Schnoodle after bath time is completed with praise, pets, and/or play!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best shampoo for Schnoodles? We would strongly recommend the Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo and Conditioner as the best all-rounder choice. Just like human shampoo, however, one size does not fit all. You may wish to opt for a more specialised dog shampoo from the guide above if your Schnoodle is facing skin conditions or allergies.
- How often should you bathe your Schnoodle? If your Schnoodle is an inside dog and doesn’t tend to get very dirty, then washing them every 3-6 months is ideal. If they love to get out and about, then washing them every 2 weeks or so is suggested.
- Why does my Schnoodle stink? There are 3 common reasons why your Schnoodle may stink. If your Schnoodle is suffering from an offensively bad odor, it is typically for one of three reasons: Skin allergies. Dry seborrhoea. Oily seborrhoea, which produces greasy and itchy skin with scaling and an unpleasant odor. It could also be due to a fungal infection.
- Can I use human shampoos on Schnoodles? Human shampoos are not suitable for dog usage as the pH level is not correct for their skin. Human shampoo will leave your dog’s skin dried out and increases their susceptibility to parasites and bacteria. Buy a specialised dog shampoo to ensure that their coat and skin gets the correct alkali levels for their needs.
- Why does my Schnoodle still stink after a bath? Wet dog smell is extremely common immediately after bath time and is due to the microscopic makeup of your canine’s coat. To try and avoid the smell lingering, always dry your Schnoodle’s coat thoroughly after washing.
It is super important to keep your Schnoodle clean and fresh to maintain its health and happiness. The needs of Schnoodles are not uniform but this guide has hopefully shown you a shampoo that will be right for your dog’s specific needs. Bath time can be difficult for dogs but will definitely be beneficial with the right care and precautions. As always, we recommend that you speak with a veterinarian first before choosing a shampoo for your dog. We wish you luck with your Schnoodle’s bath time!