Corgis are independent and intelligent dogs who love to play. These dogs were bred for long working days rounding up sheep, so they require some regular exercise each day to keep them healthy and happy. Regular mental and physical stimulation is the best way to keep these confident creatures content because they were bred to work. The best toys for Corgis keep the dog occupied with mental stimulation as well as physical. Bored Corgis can cause a lot of trouble if left without something to play with.
Corgis, known for their short legs and big bodies, love regular exercise. They’re a famous breed, notable for being the Queen of England’s favorite pet. These sturdy dogs are also the stuff of legend: Welsh folk stories say the distinctive Corgi coat pattern is meant to be the saddle for fairies and elves who supposedly prefer the dog as their mount. The word “Corgi” is Welsh for “Dwarf Dog.” It’s believed they were bred with short legs to keep them from being kicked by cows when herding.
No matter how fancy the Corgi’s historical reputation, the breed is eager to please and very intelligent. Even though they used to be kept for work, nowadays they’re mostly kept as companions. Keep your dog’s working nature in mind when selecting toys so that they’re occupied. They are smart dogs who love to keep busy, so a variety of toys will keep them entertained.
What are the Best Toys for Corgis?
- Best Overall – Nina Ottoson By Outward Hound’s Hide ‘n Slide
- Most Affordable – Chuckit! Ultra Rubber Ball Tough Dog Toy
- Most Popular – KONG Cozie Marvin the Moose Plush Dog Toy
- Best Puppy Toy – Nylabone Teething Pacifier Puppy Chew Toy
- Best Interactive (Puzzle) Toy – Trixie Activity Flip Board
- Best Plush Toy – Kong Floppy Knots Dog Toy
- Pet Zone IQ Treat Dispenser Ball
- KONG Classic Dog Toy
- Nylabone Durachew Textured Ring
- KONG Squeezz Ball
- Frisco Rope With Squeaking Ball
- Petstages Dogwood Tough Chew Toy
- Nylabone Durachew Dinosaur Dental Chew Toy
Different Kinds of Dog Toys
- Tennis Balls – Tennis balls are excellent interactive toys. They’re great for keeping your friend occupied in an activity with you. Whether you’re new to playing fetch or not, your dog instinctively loves to play with tennis balls.
- Chew Toys – These are made for self-amusement, usually objects meant for the animal to play with by themselves. Often these are made to be very durable for many hours of gnawing and chewing. There are even some toys using suction cups for dogs who love to play tug but whose owners aren’t home to play with them.
- Frisbees – Much like a tennis ball, Frisbees are great for interactive play. Corgis are very athletic animals, and they need regular activity. Playing frisbee with your pet is a great way to keep you both entertained while getting much needed physical activity.
- Squeakers – Squeaker toys are a dog’s best friend. These are a fun alternative to chew toys, although they are often made to be quite chewy. The squeak gives the dog a rewarding stimulation, making playtime fun for your Corgi. These are also excellent training tools since they teach your dog that they’re allowed to chew on things that squeak. In fact, it’s encouraged!
- Interactive – Corgis love interacting with their owners. These kinds of toys are designed for you and the dog to play together, often with a game of tug involved.
- Puzzle Toys – Corgis require mental stimulation, something puzzle toys are designed to give. These also often double as learning toys, since toys like puzzle feeders keep hungry dogs from eating faster than their stomach can handle. It also makes mealtime fun for your furry friend.
- Plush Toys – Soft plush toys like stuffed ducks, rats, or other animals make great companions for your furry friend. They like having a soft toy to cuddle with when they sleep, or to have a stuffed friend for when their owner isn’t nearby.
Best Reviewed Corgi Toys
|Our 2020 Picks: Best Corgi Toys|
|Nina Ottosson by Outward Hound Hide N’ Slide
|Chuckit! Ultra Rubber Ball Tough Dog Toy
|KONG Cozie Marvin The Moose Plush Dog Toy
|Nylabone Teething Pacifier Puppy Chew Toy
|Trixie Mini Mover Activity Strategy Game Dog Toy
|KONG Floppy Knots Dog Toy
|Pet Zone IQ Treat Dispenser Ball Dog Toy
|AKONG Classic Dog Toy
|Nylabone DuraChew Textured Ring Flavor Medley
|KONG Squeezz Ball Dog Toy
|Frisco Rope with Squeaking Ball Dog Toy
|Petstages Dogwood Tough Dog Chew Toy
|Nylabone DuraChew Dental Chew Chicken Flavored Dinosaur
- Puzzle Toy with Multiple Combinations
- Sturdy Construction
- Stimulating Gameplay
- Hiding Compartments for Rewarding with Treats
Best Overall – Corgis are natural problem solvers with sharp minds. Your furry friend is sure to love this puzzle toy. Unlike maze toys where the treat has to be dug out from trenches, this toy features compartments that must be moved with the snout to reach the toy. There are different shaped moveable pieces to keep it interesting with variety in sliding parts.
It’s recommended to supervise play with this particular toy since although it’s sturdiness is touted as a feature by the manufacturer, it’s still chewable if you’re a dog. Make sure not to leave your dog alone with this since they may gnaw at the plastic and make it unusable over time.
- Easy to set up
- Multiple combinations possible
- Some reviews say it lasts for years
- Parts can become loose
- May be too easy to solve
- Some reviews say any chewing breaks the toy
- High Bounce
- Floats in Water
- Bright Color for Visibility
- Easy to Clean
Best Value – This toy is made for interactive play in the classic game of fetch. Your Corgi won’t be able to resist chasing this bright rubber ball. The material used is waterproof meaning you can take your furry friend to the lake or pool for splash-filled playtime. Don’t worry about losing it in the water because it floats.
The bright colors mean high visibility, making it hard to lose track of the new toy. This, along with the durable rubber material, make this a toy built to last. However, playtime should be supervised. Don’t let your pet play with the toy if the rubber begins to break off, as it presents an unhealthy choking hazard.
- Bright colors make it hard to lose
- Different options for size
- Floats in water
- Requires supervision
- Reviews say color comes off with chewing
- Ball material cracks over time
- Plush and cuddly material perfect for comfort toy
- Exciting squeaky sounds
- Durable and tough thanks to extra material
- Multiple size and cute character options
Most Popular – KONG Cozie Marvin the Moose looks adorable, no matter what size you get him in. Other character options are available as well. Marvin is made of more fabric than filling, meaning there won’t be as much mess once your dog has torn it apart.No dog toy is indestructible, especially in the jaws of a Corgi. This toy is built for durability, though, with an extra layer of fabric material for study construction.
You can play fetch with Marvin, whose squeaker means he can always get your dog’s attention. His comforting fur might make him a better comfort animal, but your dog might like him for both. Make sure to keep an eye on the toy if your dog is especially rambunctious to avoid any choking hazards.
- Multiple choices for size
- Comforting but durable fabric
- Squeaker makes play enticing
- Reviews suggest it’s easily destroyed
- The seam around the tail may be a weak point
- Strings can become exposed, presenting a safety hazard
- Teething texture also help oral hygiene
- Stimulating texture keeps it fun to play with
- Vibrant and engaging colors
- Chewing safe toy
Best Puppy Toy – Every baby needs a pacifier, even baby Corgis. That’s not true, but it is adorable to see your Corgi pup chewing on a pacifier made just for them. It’s also nice to know that they’re doing something good for their dental hygiene. The shape is adorable for looking at as the owner, and the pet loves it for being just right for chewing.
This toy is meant only for puppies without permanent teeth, so keep it out of reach from older dogs. The raised nubs provide a stimulating texture for your puppy to chew on, so they’ll keep coming back to it. They need to chew, so this dedicated teething toy will help with their growing pains.
- Designed for chew sessions
- Material meant to last
- Handguard design keeps hands from teeth
- Only for puppies without permanent teeth
- Aggressive chewers may break it apart
- No size options
- Puzzle Toy with shallow and raised play
- Sliding, lifting, and moving actions
- Hidden treat compartments for rewards
- Multiple levels of gameplay
Best Interactive (Puzzle) Toy for Corgis – This toy was created for dogs that are used to puzzle games, so it may be too advanced if your Corgi hasn’t played with one before. This game is unique in that it has multiple levels of gameplay, offering different ways to find hidden compartments. There are multiple hidden areas so you can have a unique game each time.
Keep a close eye on your dog when using, as some reviewers are concerned about the removable parts. This toy can’t be left out alone, but it’s fun to watch your short-legged friend solve puzzles at different difficulty levels. Try using different treats to really mix it up.
- Challenging puzzle to solve
- Multiple combinations mean lots of use options
- Made for medium to small-sized dogs
- Might be difficult for short snouts
- Parts may get separated
- Plastic material may not stand up to chewing
- Floppy toy made with rope
- Stimulating squeaker sound
- Realistic chew feel thanks to an internal knotted rope
- Soft fabric with a variety of textures
Best Plush Toy for Corgis – The KONG Floppy Knots Dog Toy comes in Fox or Bunny shapes, as well as small/medium and medium/large sizes. The variety is great if you can’t choose just one. This soft toy has a squeaker, so your dog can play with it or snuggle. There’s not a lot of stuffing, so less mess when your dog inevitably tears through the fabric.
Keep a close eye on your dog if the toy is looking ragged or they’re notorious for destroying toys. Pieces that break off can become a choking hazard if you aren’t careful. However, this is built out of a durable rope material and should last for plenty of playtimes. Just toss in the washing machine to clean if it gets too dirty.
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Knotted rope meant to last
- Soft and plush fabric with textural variety
- Over time, strings can become exposed and a choking hazard
- Ears may come off if the dog chews constantly on one part
- Requires supervised play toward the end of life
7 More Top Rated Toys for Corgis
This fun toy presents a puzzle challenge made portable. The small sphere comes in two sizes: 3 inches and 4 inches. Both of these contain a small maze your dog will have to roll around to solve. The reward for their effort? Your Corgi will be delighted to earn training treats from this tricky dispenser.
The difficulty can be adjusted to make play more challenging for your Corgi. Corgis are known for their cleverness, so adjusting difficulty during play may be right up their alley. Otherwise, you can adjust it as the dog gets to know the toy or if they get bored easily. Cleaning up is simple: just wash with soap and water. This toy isn’t dishwasher safe.
The KONG Classic Dog Toy is famously used in zoos for wolves and other large animals. If it can satisfy the chewing needs of exotic animals, your Corgi will love it too. The durable rubber is made to endure extended chewing as well as to provide bounce when thrown. The cone is thick with different levels around the outside so that its bounce is unpredictable.
You can use KONG brand treat paste, peanut butter, cheese, or other tasty treats in the KONG cone. Just fill it up and let your Corgi have it to play with. This toy can be great for solo play if you freeze the treat in the KONG beforehand for longer playtime. Cleaning up can’t be done in the dishwasher, but it is easy with soap and water.
If your Corgi loves to chew toys more than the moon, they’ll love this chicken-flavored ring. It’s designed for play, shaped like a ring for easy carrying and rolling. You can also use it to play tug of war with your dog, but be cautious playing fetch if you have very hard surfaces as the toy is also very hard and may break if tossed.
This toy is great for solo play as it’s designed for super chewers, dogs that tear through chew toys easily. The very hard plastic is noted in lots of the comments on the product, with some reviewers expressing concern that the toy might actually be too hard, so keep this in mind if your dog has worn teeth.
The KONG Squeezz Ball Dog Toy isn’t an ordinary squeaker toy. This durable rubber ball is meant to outlast any ordinary squeaker, with a feature that they squeak even if punctured. They come in two different sizes, either of which are perfect for Corgis. This ball floats on water, so you can take it with you and your dog to the lake or by the pool for squeaky, splashing fun.
Playing fetch is even better with a ball that squeaks. The hard part will be convincing them to give it back. If your dog loves to chew, they might make it their favorite chew toy. Because it’s pure rubber, keep an eye out for cracks over time. Reviews of damage vary, as some dogs are more destructive than others, but many reviews say it lasts for months before falling apart.
The Frisco Rope with Squeaking Ball Dog Toy is great for an exciting game of tug of war or fetch. When playing fetch, you can use the rope to catapult the toy much farther than you would normally. There’s a squeaker in the rubber ball that’ll get your Corgi’s attention, and the durable rope is made of polyester so that it lasts through lots of tugging and pulling.
Try taking this to the dog park next time with your Corgi. This unique method of playing fetch is sure to catch some attention. Your Corgi will love the chance to play, no matter where you use it.
This fun, natural stick-shaped chew toy will keep your dog’s attention if they like sticks. And what dog doesn’t like sticks? The design includes real wood material, combining synthetic and natural materials for better durability. It also has a natural wood smell to keep them interested.
Unlike a real stick, this one won’t splinter in their mouth, making it safer for chewing sessions.
This toy is also waterproof, so your dog can take it anywhere. The stick shape means it’s easy to play fetch with, and it’s available in multiple sizes. You can use the chart on the website to determine the best fit, but the medium or large should be perfect for your Corgi.
The Nylabone DuraChew Dental Chew Chicken Flavored Dinosaur Dog Chew Toy is a dinosaur-shaped toy made for extreme chewing. This hard and durable nylon material holds up under strong jaws, so your Corgi can chew on it without destroying it right away. The material is non-edible, so keep an eye out for broken off pieces to prevent your dog from eating something undesirable.
This toy cleans your Corgi’s mouth while they chew, with raised nubs designed to reduce tartar and control plaque while massaging gums. The dinosaur shape makes it fun and interesting to look at, while the chicken flavor keeps it tasty for the dog. It’s recommended to supervise play with this toy, especially as it gets older since some pieces may be chewed off.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you clean dog toys? Check with the manufacturer for each toy, but overall you can’t beat a wet rag with soap and water for most cleaning purposes. There are lots of toys that are dishwasher or laundry machine safe, but just as many aren’t. It all depends on the type of material and the construction of the toy itself. Play it safe and wipe off toys after playtime, keeping them up off the floor in a basket or bin.
- How do you introduce a new toy to your dog? It’s best to supervise when your dog is playing with a new toy for the first time. Give it to him when they’re already in a playful mood, and reward them for playing with it, especially if they’re reluctant at first. Alternatively, giving a new toy to a bored dog can be a lot of fun. Don’t worry too much about finding the right time if it’s giving you anxiety. Your dog will always be happy to see a new toy.
- Do all toys require supervision? Generally speaking, dogs have powerful jaws that can destroy just about anything. Even tough durable material that stands up to challenging environments like rubber can crack under a dog’s strong bite after enough time. It’s important to supervise if your dog breaks toys easily to make sure they don’t get hurt.
Corgis are the kind of dog who can’t get enough playtime. Having a toy for any situation is a great way to keep your furry friend happy and obedient. This means having a plush toy on hand after a long day at the dog park. Picking the right toy for your adult or puppy Corgi means reading a lot of reviews. This list highlighted some of the best toys for Corgis available today from a variety of manufacturers. Enjoy playtime!